Chapter 15

After 3 hours of running around the city and a bit further, the two speedsters came back to the Lab, panting.
"No sign of her or the others," Barry said as he changed out of his Flash suit.
"I don't understand," Savitar said angrily, "he couldn't have gotten so far."
"I've been searching for planes, buses, anything he could've used, but nothing," Cisco said disappointed.
"I checked CCPD, they haven't seen any suspicious activity. I have a picture of Nick, Caitlin, and the four others up on the board," Joe informed the team.
"I've asked locals, but no luck," Iris said.
"Cisco?" Savitar asked, "have you figured out how he escaped the pipeline?"
"Not exactly. He used a pressured point on the glass to break free, that I'm sure of, but I can also conclude that he has been hiding a lot from us."
"Of course he has," Savitar sighed.
"He obviously used us to get the four. He wasn't gonna travel to different countries and collect them. Nicholas had thought his plan out exactly," Iris thought out loud.
"Why don't we search the hotel," Barry suggested.
"You're right. We could find some of their belongings, figure out exactly who the four are. If they went with him willingly, they obviously lied to us," Savitar claimed.
"He could've also manipulated them," Cisco suggested.

"I guess we'll have to find out."
Iris and Savitar decided to go to the hotel, while Barry and Cisco kept searching and Joe went went back to his day time job.
They arrived at the hotel within seconds.
"Hey, Martha," Savitar waved.
"Hello again, dear. How can I help you?" Martha welcomed them with a huge smile.
"We need the room number to where the 4 tourists were staying in."
"Well then. You're just in luck, we were going to clean out they're rooms tonight!" She turned around to grab a spare key while Iris and Savitar looked at each other with a relieved glance.
There were two rooms connected to one big one and the two split up. The four left everything back, their clothes, belongings, everything.
Savitar rummaged through what seemed like James Greenway's belongings and found a phone along with a journal.
"Jackpot," he whispered and Iris came from the other room.
"Found something?"
He showed her the book,
"The phone's locked, but we should still probably bring it back to Cisco."
They both sat on one of the beds and flipped through the pages.
"Wait," Iris stopped Savitar, "look, this one was only a few weeks ago,"
"I woke up in the middle of the night with the weirdest dream. A man slit my throat in joy, how odd. His face was blurry, but the strangest thing was that I didn't resist. I wanted to die. For him. It was like it was my destiny.
I found a mysterious book on my front porch after I arrived from work, for some reason, my dream job, doesn't feel like a dream come true, I feel so out of place. The book, however, I was quick to realize it from my dream. It had the sun and moon, the colors, font, almost an exact replica of the one from my dream. I picked it up and entered home.
I later found out it was a spell book, I've been reading for the past 4 hours. Of course, I had my suspicions, but my curiosity was at a peak. As I read the spells, the ones from the first chapter, 'magic for beginner chosen ones' , the things I said came to life, no joke! The words were in Latin and I honestly couldn't believe it. I always thought high school Latin was useless and dumb, but I always felt connected to it, so I took it and now I know why.
Imagine all the possibilities I can do with real life magic!
One thing is for sure, I'm the chosen one and my destiny awaits."
"And that's it. The last page," Savitar finished.
"Do you really think..." Iris could barely finish her question, mind blown.
"I mean anything's possible at this point, but magic?"
"What do you think he meant by chosen one?"
He shrugged,
"We have to find that book," he said as he rummaged through James' belongings, "look for something with the Sun and-"
"What? Did you find.." but she stopped short as she saw him with the book in hand.
"Savitar..." she slowly whispered and he turned around to see Iris with the same book of her own.
They went to the two other beds and found the same books.
"C'mon, let's go."
"Wait," she held his wrist and stopped him.
"Iris, what? We're on a time limit here."
"I know, just sit down for a minute."
He sighed and sat next to her on one of the hotel beds.
"You've been stressed for the past few days."
"Of course I was, Cait-"
"I know. But this stress is getting to you. You have to be able to remain calm."
"What? Nick's gonna kill Caitlin and all the others and you want me to be calm?! I'm not Barry, Iris!"
She looked at him hurt and he looked down.
"I'm sorry. It's just..."
"Don't worry. You tried to kill me, nothing you say will hurt more than that," she smiled.
"Wow," he grinned, "I thought we were passed that."
"All I'm saying is that you and Caitlin love each other. Contrary to what some may believe, love is not a weakness, it one of our biggest strengths. So focus on the strength of love, be calm, and tell yourself that you can only find Caitlin if you're collected because anger clouds our judgment."
"Wise words."
She glared at him and put her hands on her hips.
"I'm kidding, of course. You're right. She means a lot to me and I know she doesn't really open up and we have our differences, but she makes me feel like I can do anything, you know?"
"Of course I do. That's how I feel with Barry."
"Thanks for showing me."
"No problem, c'mere," she opened her arms. He rolled his eyes and went in for a hug.
"Now if we're done with all this sappy stuff, let's go kick some ass."
——————————————————————————————————————