Chapter 3: Conflicts

After Danny had told the rest of the family what happened, he set a place at the table for his partner between Erin and Eddie. After they started eating it was really quiet until Erin broke the silence "So you had a great day, especially since you got to be the hero for your partner" teased Erin. Danny glared at her. "Well, we're glad to have you here for company" said Frank. "Thanks. So, what happened? Today's a complete blur for me" replied Maria.
You went to my house, got drunk, and started singing karaoke. You sounded terrible by the way" Danny answered. "Danny!" Erin was glaring at him now. " Oh, Danny I am so sorry! That was so irresponsible of me. I'm really sorry! Maria sounded apologetic. "That's ok." Sean replied.
"You know, you are a really fun adult! " Danny gave Sean a look that was meant to say shut up right now or you'll regret it later.
"Well, he is right. It's fine, for you. As for him and Jack they're gonna be grounded for a long time" Danny looked at his sons and gave them a smirk. " They're the idiots who got you drunk in the first place. " Danny looked at Baez. All of a sudden, he felt something he'd never felt before. Almost like a longing......
"Danny!...Danny!" It was Erin. " You're staring! " Erin gave Danny a look that he couldn't read. Maria looked impressed. Danny was embarrassed and no one was saying anything so it was really awkward. "Danny, can I talk to you?" Erin asked impatiently . "Sure" Danny replied unusually fast. He would've done anything to get out of that awkward situation. They went out to the hall. And Erin looked at him with a questioning look. "Danny, you're in love. Have you told her?" Erin looked at him with the same questioning look. "Woe, Erin not so fast. We're just partners...work partners." Well then Danny, how do you explain what just happened in there? And every time you're with her you look at her with a longing. You should tell her" Erin sounded impatient. "It's not like that Erin. Now are you done?" Danny also sounded impatient. " I am, but you're not. You need to ask yourself a question. If it's not like that, then what's it like? " Erin looked at him for a few seconds and then left him in the hall with his thoughts. What was it like? They were just work partners, nothing more he decided.

Hey everyone! In the next chapter or two
Danny will have different conflicts in
his head about his relationship with
Maria. But in the next chapter she's
going to ask for some advice so
make sure you check it out if
you've been liking it so far!
And as always, I appreciate
your feedback! Thanks and
happy reading! :)