Chapter 7: A date?

20 minutes later:
Maria: Well, they got everything that they needed from me.
Danny: Yeah, that's good.
Maria: Um, I was wondering if I could take you out for a drink to thank you for saving us. I don't know if I would've been brave enough to do that on my own.
Danny: Of course you would've, you're a Detective. And the    bravest person I know.
Maria: Really? That's kind of hard to believe since you come from a family of cops.
Danny: That's why it's saying something. And I really mean it.
Maria: Thanks. So, drink?
Danny: How could I decline?

The bartender handed Danny his drink:

Danny: Thanks
Maria: So, why me?
Danny: What?
Maria: Out of all the girls you've flirted with, why me?
Danny: I really like you. You're everything anyone could ask for. And I know Linda would approve. Out of all the women I flirted with, Linda never met any one of them. But she knew you. And she liked you. I know she would've approved. And that means everything to me.
Maria: Hmm
Danny: Besides you're smoking hot, just like you said.
Maria: I'm pretty sure I never said that.
Danny: No, you said that.
Maria: When was that?
Danny: I believe that was the case where the lady who was murdered thought her husband was bored of her so she went to a body shop to get some...uh adjustments.
Maria: Ah, I did say that, didn't I?
Danny: Hmhm
Maria: Well, I wasn't lying.
Danny: Yeah. You know you're really special.
Maria: Is that because a Reagan likes me?
Danny: Because you care. I see it every day I work with you.
You never decline a case from anyone. You're always willing to help...... And because a Reagan likes you.
Maria: Thanks Danny, it means a lot. My turn.
Danny: For what?
Maria: For why I like you. You solve almost every case you work on. You always keep your promises. And you just...pursue every case to the end even when it's at its hardest. You push everything else out of the way and focus on the important things. Plus you're a really good kisser.
Danny: Is that right?
Maria: I mean it, Danny.
Danny: Thanks Baez... speaking of being a good kisser, don't you want a little bit of that right now?

                                   Danny leaned in.

          Hey everyone! I hope you're liking the story so far!
          Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you! You
          can message me on Wattpad or comment on one
          of my stories. (: