Chapter 8

Few weeks went by the guys were getting ready for the big gig they got at the Orpheum where all the big celebrities preformed before them. The boys were overwhelmed with excitement preparing for for night that can possibly change their life.

"Alex this is it dude." Luke smiled lightly hitting his hand on Alex's shoulder. "This is everything we worked for and we might actually make it."

"I know but I uh have to-" Alex sentence was cut off by Reggie and bobby coming into the studio both of them laughing and high-fiving each other.

"Guys we are going to have to rehears a lot today." Luke spoke taking his guitar out forgetting that Alex was talking to him bobby and Reggie got set up and Alex let a sigh out and went over to his drums sitting in his seat waiting for the others to get ready. "Luke I gotta talk to u later." Alex looked over at Luke. "It's um important." Luke just nodded not wasting any time and started practice.

Alex had been up all night the day before this rehearsal overthinking about multiple things including his relationship with Luke thinking if it was a good idea to be with him in the first place and with things going on he doesn't think that a relationship would be good for him right now.

Once they finished they all agreed on meeting at the orpheum later Luke and Alex quickly left Reggie followed out grabbing Luke by the arm making him stop and face him. "Luke whatever happens tonight we're always gonna be a band right?" Luke smiled patting his friend on the shoulder."Reggie you're one of my best friends and bandmate of course we'll still be a band hopefully we can make it and become famous one day you know." Reggie smiled brightly. "Yea that's right. I'll see you later." He walked away and Luke went and caught up with Alex holding his hand. Alex placed a kiss on Luke's cheek "I still really need to.-"

"You know Alex hold that thought I have to go do something before tonight okay." Luke kissed Alex then walked away. Alex sighed then sat on the curb on the side of the road. Bobby walked past alex but stopped noticing him and sat with him. "What's up?" Alex looked at Bobby sarcastically rolling his eyes. "It's just I wanna tell Luke something but I keep getting interrupted by people."

"What did u want to tell him?"

"That we should uh." Alex paused taking a breath then speaking again. "That we should Break up." Bobby's eyes widen hearing alex say that. "Dude if you're going tell him to don't do it before tonight it's only going to crush him." Alex looked at Bobby sighing and put his face in his hands. "I don't know how or when to tell him I just want to get the hard part over." The drummer stood up and stormed off and headed over to Luke's and waltz inside then went into Luke's room.

"Alex hey." Luke smiled brightly hugging Alex then kissing him. "I'm so pumped right now I can't wait." Alex chuckled nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "I been trying to talk to you-" again he was cut off by Luke talking over him. "Dude I can't wait to see the crowds and people seeing us preform."

"I wanna take a break." Alex shouted causing Luke to stop and stare. "I-I mean. Break up- that's not any better I just have a lot on my mind right now and I don't really think a relationship is what I need right now." Luke looked at the ground then back up at alex. "I get it I can't force you to be with me if you aren't comfortable with it so. It's whatever I guess- come on we're gonna be late." Luke left the room alex soon following.

They got to the orpheum and met up with Reggie and Bobby on the stage setting up. Luke stood in front of the guys "Listen whatever happens we're still going to be a band no matter what." They each share agreeing looks then luke went to his spot as they all got ready to preform 'now or never' the song that Luke wrote for tonight.

When the finished the workers cheered the guys got off the stage and Alex held on to Luke's arm pulling him aside. "Are we okay? And are we still going to be friends?" Luke hugged Alex patting him on the shoulder. "Dude yea we're still friends maybe we are just better off as friends anyways." The drummer nodded and walked back over to Reggie and Bobby.

"Alex you were on fire up there." Reggie commented and smiled brightly. "Nah you guys were the ones on fire." Alex laughed a little. "Can you just shut up and own your awesomeness for once." Reggie commanded with another smile as Alex nodded. "Alright I was killing it." The guys laughed Luke putting his hand on Alex shoulder smiling.

They had 2 hours left until it was time for the big concert Reggie Alex and Luke wanted to grab lunch so they went out to get some street dogs. "Eat up boys cuz after tonight everything changes." They each took a bite of their hotdog.

"That's a new flavor."

"Chill man street dogs haven't kill us yet."

Luke shrugged taking another bite out of the hot dog.

————————-
A/n: that's it there's the end. The story over
:( I will make more stories at some point I just hope liked this. Also I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS ACTUALLY GOT 1k READS SERIOUSLY THXS 🥺I DIDN'T THINK I'D GET THAT MANY.

Thanks for reading :) rlly hoped u liked it