chapter 8 - The past

This chapter was hard to write but I hope you like it, please let me know.
Hope you enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LUCA'S POV:

"Dont call me Uncle little one, I'd rather you call me daddy"
I am her father, I know the doc took the dna and is testing it and I should wait but her calling matteo uncle pissed me off.
She looks shocked, her mouth is hanging open and the 2 idiots have stop fighting and is looking at me like I've grown 2 heads.
"Little one?"

Her mouth snaps shut and the cutest blush covers her cheeks, she nods her head?
"What was that little one? I prefer verbal awnsers"
She looks at me, gripping my shirt tight.
Shit am I scaring her? I dont wanna make her uncomfortable. I was about to tell her she dosnt have to call me that, when in a voice barley above a whisper.
"O..okay d..daddy"
My god, just that one work has made my year, its made me so fucking happy. I have the biggest grin on my face, my cheeks hurt from smiling. I dont think I've smiled this much in my whole life.

Shes hiding her head in my chest but I can see the blush on her ears, shes so cute.
"Principessa call me Uncle Teo too, dont just be nice to daddy"
Matteo whines at her.
"Shut it Matteo, she can call you whatever she wants"
"But luccaaaa, shes my niece I want her to like me more. I'm the fun one anyway you boring old fart"
I glare at him, even if he's my brother he has no fucking right to call me that!
" Don't forget who the fucking boss is Matteo, I have no problem in shooting you"
"Calm down you don't wanna scare her"
Shit Antonio's right, I dont wanna scare my Principessa.

I look down to see her fast sleep clinging to me for dear life.
"Bro i dont think she's gonna let you go?"
I try to pry her hand off, damn shes got a good grip.
"don't wake her luca, you remember the nightmare"
I froze, Antonio's right I need to stay. She might need me. But I have work to get on with if I wanna spend time with her tomorrow.
"Dont worry boss, me and matteo will do the paperwork"
" fine but keep an eye on him Antonio, matteo isn't good with paperwork"
"Hey thats not true I can do it?"
I'm about to reply when Antonio drags him out the room saying to get some sleep. They seriously think ill be able to sleep? I've had insomnia for years.

I kick my shoes off and gently pic her up and place her under the covers, thank God she let go I did not wanna try and sleep in a suit.

I get changed into sweats and a t-shirt and crawl into bed next to my Principessa.
She cuddles up to me a little, I can hear her small snores.

ISABELLA POV:
Ugh, why is the sun right in my face?
I roll over and get a sharp pain from my ribs.
Tears well in my eyes as I'm trying to breathe, it hurts.
"Isabella, where doze it hurt sweetheart"
I look over and see luca, no wait daddy looking at me.
"M...my ribs... h..hurt"
I gasp talking hurts so much.

Daddy gets up and grabs the yucky medicine but I'd take it over this pain.
"Here you go Principessa"
I take the medicine while daddy comforts me.
"Thank y..you"
He smiles at me stroking my hair.
"No problem Principessa, does it still hurt?"
I take a deep breath, its uncomfortable but dosnt hurt as much anymore.
"N...no daddy, it d..don't hurt"
I smile at him, he picks me up and I cuddle into him. I feel so safe, I think I'm ready to tell him a little about my past.

He needs to know, I dont wanna go back to mark. I'd rather die than go near him again.
I think it's easier to talk about when its just the 2 of us without uncle teo and Antonio.
I look up at daddy.
"Daddy, c..can I t..tell you a um s...story"
He looks down at me confused.
"What kind of story Principessa?"
I take a deep breath.
"A... um story about m..me"
He stiffens his arms hugging me tighter, he places a small kiss to my head.
"Only if your sure little one, i can wait till your ready"
"I..I'm scared h...he'll f...find me, I...I dont w...wanna go b...back"
He grabs me a spins me so I'm facing him, I feel the tears drip down my cheeks.
"Principessa, no one and I repeat no one will ever take you away from me, your my baby girl. Your my daughter now no matter what okay"

I hug him so tight and just cry, I let it all out and he rubs my back and helps me calm down till I'm just hiccuping a little, he wipes my tears and smiles at me. I know I have made the right choice in trusting him, my guts never wrong after all.
"I'm ready daddy" I say with as much courage I can muster. I have to do this.
"Okay Principessa, I'm here, your safe here with me"

I nod, take a deep breath and begin.
"My birth mother was a stripper, she did drugs too. She wasn't nice and she would hurt me and lock me in the cubord whenever she had friends round.

Flashback

"Mama, tammy hurt"
Slap
"Shut up you little shit"
Push
"Owie, mama hurts"
'Stop crying, get out of my face you worthless bitch"
She grabs my hair and drags me to the cubord.
"No mama, no dark. I good , pwease no swary"
She throws and locks me in the small cupboard
I cry and cry.

Flashback over

"I was saved after around 3 days later when a police officer found me. They said it was a miracle I survived"
I can feel the anger radiating from daddy, but I know he's not mad at me, so I continue my story.

"My mother had overdosed and died and when her regular man came to see her and found her dead he called the police"
I took a deep breath. I can do this.
"I was 4yrs old when she died, I dont remember much but its because of that im scared of small spaces and the dark"

I haven't spoken this much in years, it feels good to talk about it.
I'm not stuttering either, I feel sad yet peaceful. I'm just weird.

"I'm so sorry Principessa, I wish I knew i could of saved you sooner"
I gasp in shock. Hes blaming himself when its wasn't his fault.
"NO!....It wasn't your fault daddy, p...please don't b..blame yourself"
I felt tears sting my eyes again, I would never had told him if I thought he'd blame him self.
"your right im sorry Principessa, please keep going. I want to help you"

"I was in and out of foster care till I was 7, some homes were nice ish, and other were horrible but then I was fostered by the monsters, they seem nice to the social worker, who only came to check on me once after I got their and I never saw her again. He would beat me and starve me, he would force me to clean and if I didnt do it he would take his belt and whip me"

Daddys grip on me is so tight but its also comforting, I dont think I could do this if I wasn't safe in his arms.
"His wife was never home I would see her once a month if I was unlucky, he didn't like that she was gone and took it out on me"
I cant do it, I cant tell him the worst bit, he'd think I'm disgusting and dirty. I dont want him too hate me or pity me. I care about him too much for him to leave me now. I need him.

"Then I ran away from him and met you daddy"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what did you think of this chapter, I hope you liked the flashback.
This chapter has around 1400 words.