Chapter 7

No ones POV
   Cross mumbled the last words to the spell and a dark mass began pulling towards the center of the circle. It came from all of the darkest corners and all of the places where no one was sure what lurked.
   Cross watched expectantly, still carrying the cloak and scarf of the dead wolves. Slowly, the mass began to take shape. It started from the bottom, where he could see two skeletal feet emerging from the goo, and it continued spreading further up till a full skeleton was standing there. The walls began to shudder as, with an effort, he opened his eyes.
"Welcome back, my king. Take these, I thought you might like them." Cross said, handing Nightmare the garments.
   Nightmare snatched them away and pulled them on, then looked around with a growl.
"How long has it been, Cross?"
"Over twenty years, my king. But worry not, you missed nothing important. Taking back the throne shall be easy, especially with the pathetic king now ruling." Cross purred out reassuringly, with a hopeful expression in his eyes.
   Nightmare gave a curt nod and looked at the door before heading out. Cross sighed heavily but followed, unwilling to abandon his king, the man he followed, the man he loved.

* * *

   Encre and Fallacy woke early in the morning and went to look around. Fallacy wore heavy garments, so the sun wouldnt hurt him, and kept his Encre close. Nothing had changed, but the horses were still gone and so was the driver. Even in the bright morning light, this part of the forest still felt uneasy and not quite right.
   Fallacy had told Encre what had happened in the cart and she had nodded, understanding. There was no other evidence to find what had happened, and with a unanimous sigh they realized they would have to cancel their honeymoon to find out what happened. Both retreated to the cart and waited till night, when Fallacy could fly them home.
   So, they began to talk, discussing theories, some serious and some silly. They enjoyed their time together, smiling and loving each others company, trying to ignore the uneasiness they both felt in this forest.
   Fallacy gently kissed his Encres forehead as he hugged her close, while she blushed softly and giggled.
"I love you.." he gently whispered into her ear, making her blush and shyly whisper back; "I love you too, mon amor.."
   They smiled, loving the time they had with each other for a moment of blissful peace, ignoring their surroundings. For now.

* * *

   Dr. Lofy is walking around, still contemplating where she could live. She had asked Azure, but he had been upset to tell her that his house was too small for another person. She sighed, her mind on where she would stay and not where she was walking.
   She suddenly stumbled into something and squeaked, stumbling backwards and looking up. A flustered blush erupted on her face as she saw Eterna there, looking down at her in surprise.
"E-Eterna! I'm so sorry, I didnt see you!!" She yelped out, covering her face with her hands.
"It's fine." Eterna said curtly, looking around.
"Is something wrong?.." Lofy asked, looking up at the taller female.
"No.. well, I'm not sure. Could you help me with something?" She asked, which surprised Lofy.
   Dr. Lofy knew there was something that was really bothering Eterna, she could see it in her posture and how she was talking. So, of course she agreed, and the two started walking to the library.
"So.. whats going on?" Lofy asked as they walked, glancing up at her.
"The statue of Nightmare.. it's been... acting strange. It seems to whisper to me, and it has been oozing this weird goo." Eterna said.
"Oh, did you get a sample of the goo??" Lofy asked, wanting to run some tests.
   Eterna nods softly and pulls out a small vial. She'd brought some, having a hunch that her small friend would want to see it. Lofy gently took it and examined it, tilting it and watching the thick, black liquid slowly shift around the vial.
"I've never seen anything like this.." she muttered, stopping.
   Eterna looked at her in surprise, having assumed Lofy would know what it was. She frowned slightly and looked at it.
"Do you think you could find out what it is?.."
"Im not sure... this is screaming dark magic, though...." Dr. Lofy muttered, squinting her eyes at the liquid.
"But, I think I might know exactly who could tell us what this is."

***

   Jasper was relaxing in the garden, sitting on a bench underneath a shady tree. He let out a content purr, looking around, then noticed someone in the garden. He frowned, no one else was supposed to be here right now, and he narrowed his eyes at the shadowy figure.
   The figure seemed to be looking for something, stalking through the herbs section, and having a cloak on so he couldn't see any defining features. Finally, he stood up and called out to the figure.
   The figure jolted up and quickly ran out of the garden. Jasper sighed, not wanting to go into the sunlight, and instead followed a shady path back inside. He had a feeling of foreboding as he went into the castle, and as he glanced back over the garden he could have sworn he saw the figure again. It made him feel nervous, and he began to wonder if everything really was as perfect as it seemed.

_

_____________________________

   Hey guys! Just wanted to say I already have a few chapters written ahead, so I'm ready to post! And also, this book WILL NOT have as many chapters as Ripped Away, cause I can't do that again-
Anyways, I hope you've enjoyed the new chapter, and that you're looking forward to more. Can't say I'm not excited to publish the next few >:)

Also, since I looked through some comments and there were people OBSESSING over lemons, do yall want one? If so, comment on this lil paragraph and say who you'd want to see it with :') I'll supply yall sinners with your drugs-