Day 3

The grass was warm underneath his bare feet as he and Hoseok tracked their way through the dense forest, the sounds of Taehyung and Jungkook's squabbling fading further and further with each step.

It's weird, he thinks, that an artificial sun can warm such a large area that is the dome. Although, this is a research facility and this is a high level experiment that he's participating in so, obviously, there's some money that's been put in. Maybe they have a heating system under the ground and the sun is just for show? Technically, everything is for show, used as a mock setup for the ferals to feel more at ease and not simply sticking them in a room where they'd more than likely constantly lash out on everyone who enters. Their efforts seem to be in vein, however, since it seems like everyone that has entered before Yoongi had gotten killed. There is also the opportunity to observe them in a more 'natural' habit, to understand how they may be acting in the wild.

"Omega," Hoseok's voice tugged the mint male from his thoughts, "here."

Yoongi glanced around, eyes taking in their surroundings. Hoseok had lead them to clearing, similar to the one he and Jungkook had hunted at the yesterday, but slightly bigger, large trees outlining the circle.

He cleared his throat, "Why are we here?" Are they on another hunting lesson?

The brunette's eyes shined playfully as he grinned at the older, "Fight."

Yoongi blinked, "I- fight?" Hoseok nodded happily. "Why?" A nervous sweat breaking out on his forehead at the prospect of going one-on-one with the other, no matter how bright and non-threatening he seemed. After all, he was the only one out of six that was deemed dangerous enough to have a muzzle on.

The younger tilted his head, a pout forming as he thought. After a few seconds of silence, he perks back up, sunny smile back in full force, "Fun. Like Taehyung and Jungkook."

Oh, he meant play fighting. Yoongi could do play fighting, he use to do it occasionally with his brother when he was younger and his mother was busy with something he couldn't help with. He remembers one time, they had rolled around in the grass after school in their uniforms and when their mother had found them, worried since they hadn't entered the house, grass and dirt stain covered their white button-ups (and possibly a ripped pant if Yoongi recalled right), they had gotten the scolding of a lifetime, to the point where the younger sibling remembers being teary eyed and his older brother with his head down, avoiding eye contact. It had gone on for what seemed like an eternity only to end with them getting hugs and head kisses (Yoongi's tears may have spilled over, causing their mother to do away with the regular punishment of sitting in the corner) in relief that they actually had made it home and nothing had happened to them like she imagined. They never play fought after school again, instead opting to do it on the weekends when they're parents already knew they were home and well to avoid unnecessary panic.

There was only a handful of times where Yoongi had bested Donghun in the years they fought, normally only when Junhee and/or Yuchan happened to walk by their house. The omegas scent seemed to distract the older every time he smelt them, giving Yoongi ample time to tackle him to the ground for the win.

One time that this happened, both Junhee and Yuchan were making their way passed, talking about whatever teenage omegas talk about (not that Yoongi knows since he's not one), and Donghun's head immediately snapped over to them, nose twitching.

Without a moment to spare, the younger alpha charged, arms wrapping around his brother's torso as he hit him full force. The brunette let out an 'oof' as they both tumbled to the ground, Yoongi landing on top of Donghun. Quickly, the smaller pinned the older by putting his full weight on him, legs pinning legs and arms holding the other's tightly to his body. It was silent for a number of seconds, the only sound he could hear was the racing of his own heart. That is, before, a soft giggle and a snort followed by loud laughter can be heard. Yoongi's head snapped up, Donghun's tilting back so they could both look over by the sidewalk. There stood Yuchan, who had a hand covering his mouth the hide his giggles, and Junhee, who was leaned over, clenching the fence to hold himself up from the force of his laughter.

The two brothers blinked slowly, watching as the younger omega composed himself, a bright smile still etched on his face as he looked at them. "Good afternoon, Donghun-ssi, Yoongi-ssi," he said with a slight bow, "you two seem to be having fun."

"So cute," Junhee barked out between his laughter, tears gathering in his eyes, "good for you, Yoongi, taking down an alpha twice your size."

That statement snapped him out of his daze, a sharp breath enter his lungs as he glanced down at his brother. Alphas, as their nature, don't do all that well with being teased about their dominance and strength. His mother always told him not tease his brother too much, especially after that one time he ended up with a black eye (which, of course, his brother apologized profusely for after he calmed down and even gave him his dessert for a week), but it seems that Donghun is still awestruck by the omegas that he wasn't fully paying attention to what's being said.

Yoongi quickly scrambled up, a bright red blush staining his cheeks, "I-" he looked down, voice coming of soft, something that could be carried away by the wind, "Thank you, Junhee-ssi."

Said omega grinned largely, eyes twinkling in the sunlight, "Nah, kid, thank you for the laugh."

Yuchan grabbed onto the other's elbow, tugging as he spoke, "Unfortunately, we're late for our tutoring session, so we have to get going," he smiled gently, "we'll see you later, Donghun-ssi, Yoongi-ssi." Without much resistance, Junhee went along with the younger, waving back at the two alphas. Yoongi watched as they went further down the road, turning to enter the library at the end.

"Yoongi." Startled, the smaller looked down to his brother who was still staring where the omegas had been, nose twitching.

He whispered out, "Yeah?"

Donghun flipped over onto his stomach, arms cradling his head as he gazed at the fence longingly, "I think I'm in love."

Yoongi promptly plopped himself onto his back heavily, causing the air the be punched out of his brother's lungs and just like that, they started fighting again.

So, yes, Yoongi could play fight, even against an alpha that's physically stronger than him like Hoseok.

Breathing out, the mint male looked back up at the younger, "Okay."

Hoseok's smile was blinding, artificial rays shining off the white of his teeth, "Great!"

Unedited.

..hey everyone 😅 sorry for being gone for so long and giving a chapter where not much happens, but I'm back!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the butter era!

I'm going to try and update at least once a week going forward, like actually try

With that being said, thank you for your continued support! It means everything to me! See you in the next chapter!