Chapter 6 - Nostalgic Nightmares

~ Previously ~

"Shit Kuroo!"

Yuki rushed home as she looks for her phone to call Kuroo who probably was losing his shit...

Yeah, he was pretty pissed actually. His blood boiled at the fact that she didn't even bother answering him, knowing well enough she probably did that on purpose when this time she didn't. Quite ironic isn't it?

Kuroo was currently sitting on his desk chair studying his ass off both from anger and the need to pass his exams. He heard his phone ring, once, twice and then trice which was when he had decided to pick it up.

"What?" He spat out with anger, but immediately calmed down as he heard Yuki's panicked tone and how apologetic she was which was unlike her snarky attitude with him.
"Calm down Yuki..." He whispered softly and the line got quiet after apologizing so many times.

"Did something happen that made you not answer the phone earlier?" Eyes filled with concern and visibly upset from how rashly he was acting. "I ran into quite the situation honestly, I met up with Iwa-Chan by coincidence and almost ran into Oikawa which would've been messy if I met up with Oikawa first." She said briefly, exhaling sharply.

"Wait. What? Yuki are you alright? Did that bastard say anything?" He voiced out his irritation against them, as she sighed. "I'm fine and Iwa-chan is the only one that I can face right now since he's actually understanding and surprisingly enough really sweet even tho he looks bitter." She said with a small smile playing on here lips.

"That's good at least. But be careful of that Oikawa turd he's oddly suspicious." He warned as he usually does which made Yuki roll her eyes but appreciated his concern nonetheless.

Yuki sighed heavily knowing well enough what she was about to say would somehow hurt him, "Y'know Kuroo, you need to stop being so worried about me. I genuinely appreciate the concern but you can't keep worrying about me."

This shocked Kuroo as he looked down awkwardly at his bedroom's floor. "Well, I'm worrying over you out of my own will Yuki, I'm not doing it for you or for anyone. I just care about ya y'know? I know you aren't used to people caring about you which is why I want to care. I don't feel forced to care either, it comes naturally." Catching Yuki off guard she smiled absently.

"Tetsu... You're so sweet! Thank you I'll keep that in mind." She knew that Kuroo genuinely cared but in the back of her mind she still kept thinking that he probably feels obliged to care just like everyone else in her life apart from Iwaizumi.

She thought of Iwaizumi whenever she heard the words 'care' or 'bittersweet' to which she always held a gentle smile on her features. Silence filled up the phone call that was currently happening until Kuroo coughed awkwardly, to which Yuki reacted by shaking her head. "Sorry Kuroo I spaced out. I need to get going and finish up some work now! I'll call you tomorrow and when we meet up again I'll treat you to something as an apology!" She said as she started changing into her casual clothing which consisted of a pair of  red comfy shorts and a baggy top which had some obscure design on it.

She sighed as she laze plopped down onto her bed, barely hearing Kuroo say 'goodnight' and ending the call. Listlessly staring at her ceiling, still comprehending what had happened this evening, a soft smile playing on her features. "I really missed it here huh?" Whispering slowly to herself.

Her mind wandered to Iwaizumi's soft look earlier when he had asked her out to eat at their usual place. They always went their together whenever Oikawa was absent or busy practicing alone and they would go back to tell him off for overworking himself. Yuki missed it dearly. But she ruined everything with a grave action that was simply idiotic on her side.

Her forearm covering her eyes as a few tears ran down her face in shame, 'I shouldn't be crying after what I did...' 'I only caused them to worry and hurt them. Especially Oikawa and Kunimi... ' Thoughts spiraling, over and over until she accidentally slept through the night.

— Yuki's Pov —

"Where am I...?", Looking around in the dark alley. Suddenly I ended up at a volleyball court. A volleyball that seemed all too familiar. I froze upon seeing this, scared about what's going to happen.

Oikawa emerged from the door with a look of disgust on his face, hearing him lowly say "Slut." To which this broke her heart knowing well-enough he believed the rumors that were going around.

Kunimi then emerged with a pained look on his features. The rumors once again. The rumors that apparently started from me. When in reality I have no clue what these rumors are. 'Why won't anyone tell me.'

Iwaizumi walked up to me with a look of uncertainty, "Is it true?" That's the last thing I had heard him say before leaving. I took my bag, running away from this mysterious problem. Not believing that the one I trusted most had doubted me. Maybe whatever these rumors are, maybe they're true.

I woke up in a panic, panting as if I had run a marathon, my hands shaking from the previous dream which was too similar to reality. I hate this. I hate this feeling. Why am I reliving that nightmare again? Why? Why? Why?

Laying back down on my bed weakly realizing it was still 3am. Maybe I should do some work to get my mind off that nasty nightmare, but will I be able to redeem myself? Who knows...

I closed my eyes and there I see the man who tainted me as he ruined my reputation from a simple 'No'. No one knew what truly happened as no one had heard her or even tried to listen to her perspective. "This sucks. Why do I have to remember his pitiful look now?" Shifting my eyes towards my floor that seemed to stare back at me when in reality it was not.

— Third Person POV —

Time passed by quickly without noticing and soon it was 6am, the time to prepare for her first morning practice with Karasuno. Excited as she was , there was still a feeling of dread.

Immediately getting ready and making herself some toast for breakfast, she exited her cosy home. She was met by the back of one of her upperclassmen who was walking down the street by himself.

Sighing happily that she doesn't have to walk alone she quickly called out to him, "Sugawara-senpaiiii!" To which he flinched at, seeing as it was so early and unexpected. "Tsumugi..?" He called out to make sure he wasn't hallucinating so early in the morning. "That's me senpai! Also you can call me by my first name mkay?" Cheerfully waving her fingers with every word.

He chuckled at this, "Mkay Yuki." He flicked her forehead with a soft smile. "So I'm assuming that you live around here Yuki?" She nodded at this as she held her forehead covering it from anymore attacks. "And you? Also what was that for?" She glared playfully at him to which he shrugged to. "Yup and I just felt like it."

They both laughed at each other. They barely knew each other yet they already seem like friends seeing how friendly and easygoing they both are.

Soon they both stopped laughing and they started walking towards the school in silence. After almost reaching the school Sugawara looked at Yuki and could easily spot the dark circles under her eyes. "Yuki, did you sleep at all last night?" This caused her to flinch and her shoulders dropped. "You could tell? But yeah I stayed up all night for personal reasons. It's not like you have much to say with those dark circles under your eyes." She smirked, seeing that they both were in the same position.

"Seems like we both got our reasons huh?" Oddly enough that sentence was comforting for Yuki. She didn't feel alone. After that they dropped the conversation, respecting each other's privacy and finally arriving at the school...

________________________________

Hiya~ I'm back with another update I delayed this so much but it's finally here! I hope you guys are staying safe and that you'll enjoy this chapter <33 thank you so much for the support! it's also kinda rushed so i apologize for that ^^'