PART - 14

Aakash was wandering here and there in his cabin room. He was given a big duty to begin with. He was recently made to work in ARC as the CEO. But rather than that his mind was concentrated on Kushi. He couldn’t feel why he didn’t want Kushi to get married. When he entered ARC, his thoughts automatically drifted towards Kushi seeing her sweethearts. He was regretting each day for his behaviour towards her.

Aakash: I had done a big mistake. Tomorrow they are coming to see Kushi. I need to stop them.
***

Ratna: Aakash, what is this? How can you talk like this?

Aakash: Maa, I am saying for her own good.

Ratna: Are you loving her or what? What has gotten into you? Let her live in peace.

Aakash: Maa, I know but do you think she will forget me that easily? No. Did you say her that I am getting married?

Ratna: I said to Garima. I had no other way.
Ratna felt.

Aakash: Maa, that’s why she agreed so soon. Maa, I have no objection in her marriage but let her first move on from me.

Ratna: No problem, Aakash. She will see to it. This will make her normal.

Arnav was hearing this and he too somehow wished to stop the alliance.
Arnav (mind): I should somehow say my feelings to her before tomorrow.

***
Garima asked Ratna to come to her house for the next day alliance. Ratna accepted her request. After Shashi’s death, Ratna’s constant support made Garima fell in friendship with her. She was happy that Kushi had found a good friendship unaware that her friendship is already broken.
Ratna’s children, on hearing this, decided to accompany her but Ratna didn’t allow Aakash but Arnav. Arnav thought that this could be the chance for him to say. Arnav didn’t think of anything other than his feelings. He didn’t think that Kushi will be hurt or not, what his mother would say or Garima aunty when they came to know about it. As it was the only chance, he didn’t give heed to any other thoughts.
***

Kushi’s state was like she wanted to end her life. She misses her father more. If now her father was there, she wold have clearly made him understand of not marrying now. And due to sudden change in Shashi, he would have agreed to his dear daughter. And she cried for Aakash. Her dream of getting married to Aakash was like a broken vase. She has to move on but was that so easy for Kushi as she had loved him more than her father. Tomorrow is going be the day of her turning point unknown to her. 

The next day, Kushi was dressed in a beautiful silk saree with a perfect combo of green and blue bordered with a small peacock. The end of the pleats was hanging with knots of thread. The white flower adorned her hair. Her face had only a lip gloss and her eyes were beautifully outlined by Kajal. Everything looked perfect but her face didn’t have an expression of happiness. She sat in her room waiting for her mother to call. She wanted to run away but cannot.

Knock knock.
Kushi opened the door expecting her mother but it was Arnav.

Arnav was struck looking at the angelic face. Kushi looked at him expecting him to say anything but.

Kushi: Sir, you here?

Arnav came back and said: Sorry, Kushi.

Kushi: For?

Arnav: For what I am going to say.

Kushi was puzzled and let him in.

Arnav: Kushi, I know you love my brother.
Kushi: Loved!
She said sternly.

Arnav smiled: I ma happy for that. I don’t know how to say.

Kushi looked at him expecting him to say something but he was stammering. She remembered once how he stammered in office when she met Aakash.

Kushi (mind): Is he coming to say what he wants to say that day?

Arnav closed him eyes, took deep breath. Kushi felt fear in her heart seeing his expression. She gulped. Arnav saw that and scratched his head.

Arnav: No, don’t be afraid. Please.

Kushi nodded his head.

Arnav: I… love you, Kushi. I don’t know to measure my love for you but I love you. You can thin…

Kushi was shocked for a second and she said: Do you know what is toda…

Arnav: I know but I didn’t expect it would too soon for you. I thought I could say after you moved on from Aakash and hopefully I you moved on from him.

Kushi: When did I say?

Arnav: Just now, you said ‘LOVED’, right?

Kushi: Y… yes. But sir, I do…

Arnav: Take your own time. Bye. Love you.

After this, Arnav came and sat with his mother like a good child.

Ratna: Where did you go?

Arnav: I went to wish Kushi luck.

Ratna smiled.
Garima: Arnav beta, still Kushi is coming home late.

Arnav: Aunty, for a few days, Kushi has to stay as she is working in some big project.

Garima: No, problem beta, but she will resign soon.

Kushi who was hearing this, she was shocked to hear Arnav’s words as he didn’t know her part time jobs. Then her mother’s reply gave her another shock, she came out.

Kushi: Maa, please, I cannot leave the job.
Ratna and Arnav knew the reason and kept mum.

Garima: Kushi, you be there in your room, we will talk about this later.
Kushi went in eyeing Arnav and he too did the same with a questioning eye. Kushi knew what his question is going to be.
***

After some time, the groom came with his family. Kushi came out with a coffee tray. She instantly imagined Aakash in place of the groom and smiled at him. Seeing the smile, Garima and Ratna felt that she likes the groom but Arnav hates it. Kushi was back from the world of imagination. The groom’s family loved her. This made Garima happier. Seeing that, Kushi decided to accept the proposal. She didn’t think of Arnav or Aakash.

Ratna: Kushi, take him to the garden.
Kushi nodded her head and took him to the garden.
Arnav: I have to do something.

The other side, Aakash was thinking somehow to stop the alliance. He didn’t know his reason for stopping her alliance till yesterday. But after his talk with his mother, he thought that Kushi wouldn’t have moved on and that’s why he didn’t want his friend to marry.
Aakash (mind): God! Please somehow stop this marriage.

Here, Arnav too hoping the same.

In the garden, Kushi made him sit in the chair and sat silently. Groom’s name is Rohit.

Rohit: Kushi, I am Rohit.

Kushi: Hello.

Rohit: Say about yourself. And before that, I wanted to say that you look beautiful.

Kushi: Thank you. I am working in ARD…

After the talk, both entered after 10 minutes. Arnav was looking at Kushi was bowing her head. Rohit’s face was not happy.

Rohit: Maa, papa, we can go home.

Groom’s mom: What happen beta? Do you like each other?

Kushi looked at Rohit’s face.

Rohit: Maa, Kushi deserves someone better than me. We can go.

Saying so, Rohit went out followed by their family. Kushi’s face fell off. Garima was broken but seeing her daughter sad, she went to her and said.
Garima: Kushi, this happens. Maybe, he is not destined to be with you.

Kushi: Then why did you bring him to see me? I already said no for the marriage but I accepted because of now and now when I am ready, you see this happens.

Garima: Kushi, your father was the fourth person for my alliance.
Kushi just went off to her room.

Ratna: Make sure, Kushi is okay. I will come by tomorrow.

Arnav’s happiness knew no bounds. But he was thinking how did this alliance fail and what did Kushi said to him.

They retired home and said the news to Aakash.

Aakash: I said, right? She still loves me.

Arnav (angrily): No, you are wrong, she felt really sad for this broken one. It’s the boy who broke.

Both the brothers went to their room with a happy face for the broken one. Arnav felt sad for Kushi and he remembered her words what she said to her mother. Her words clearly stated her worry for the alliance.

Arnav (mind): Kushi, I won’t make you sad anymore. But what did you say to him?

Garima consoled Kushi and somehow, she was convinced. She was sad that she was rejected by Aakash and this Rohit.

*SMASH THE VOTE BUTTON*

To be continued…

--------------------------------------------------------
Dated: 03-12-2020

Yours,

Lily