Chapter 22: Winter Break Accident

3rd POV:

It was now a week into the Vanguard's winter break. They have been keeping up with their studying, physical training, and patrols. However, today was going to take a drastic turn for their patrol. The patrol started out like a typical patrol where Vanguard would patrol different areas but focused on more poorer and higher crime rate areas. They caught quite a few different criminals that ranged from drug dealers to muggers but on the way back to the agency from patrol they received an emergency request for backup. Vanguard decided to go act as a backup since they were nearby and thought it shouldn't take that long. Oh, how wrong they were that day.

They arrived on site to see a villain with a gigantification quirk attacking heroes. Vanguard was about to move in when they heard a scream coming from an area behind the villain and spotted a group of 12 children and 2 adults. It looked like it was a school tour group that had come from the museum down the street since there was a bus in a nearby parking lot. "We need to get the students out of there first before dealing with the Villain," Paragon stated as he started to move in that direction with everyone following. Suddenly the heroes on site hit the villain with a larger attack that caused the villain to fall back towards the 12-floor building behind it. This caused a chain reaction of the building becoming destabilized and Paragon rushing ahead to save the school group. "PARAGON!" the Vanguard team yelled out as they saw him dash ahead and stand in the middle of the school group as the building started to fall down on them.

Izuku pov:

I refuse to allow these children to die! I yelled in my mind as I saw the building starting to fall down on the school group. In those few remaining moments, I arrived in the middle of the school group and they looked at me with shocked faces. "Don't lose hope for Paragon is here!" I stated. Right after that I powered OFA up to 65% and raised my hands to catch the building. I couldn't use a gravity push since it would since the building parts onto other people as such I was left with catching it all in one go. Time slowed down "Hello 9th. It's like you're a magnet for the trouble you know that?" stated a bald man that I recognized as an OFA past user. "My name is Daigoro Banjo the 5th user of OFA and you're here to get my quirk Black whip," Banjo stated. Banjo explained how black whip is the perfect quirk for increasing one's mobility and grappling things from a distance. That my desire to capture all the falling building parts reacted to what black whip is used for, grabbing things at a distance. "Kid, the users of OFA are amazed at your willingness to do everything you can to save everyone but you need to remember you can't save everyone. If you walk away from this alive then you better remember that. OFA doesn't make you a god Paragon because not even All Might saved everyone." Banjo said with a solemn tone. I had realized I was a bit reckless in my actions just now but just felt pissed that young children with such a long life ahead would have died. 

Soon the first user of OFA appeared behind Banjo and waved at me as I started to disappear. I could hear him whisper "Good luck 9th." as I found myself back in the real world. I could feel the black whip respond to my emotions as Banjo said it would. I sent it all the black whips out to act as support beams structure to help me hold the weight above me. "EVERYONE GET AS CLOSE TO ME AS YOU CAN" I shouted to the school group which all gathered in a circle around me. I could feel all the weight from the 12-floor building settle down on top of me. Though I am using 60% of OFA and black whip it still is straining my body by holding all of this weight non-stop. It would be one thing to lift it all and throw it but another to just hold it non-stop. "Don't lose hope. I will hold this as long as I need to!" I stated with a smile on my face. I could see the kids become less scared but the teachers knew that I was performing a feat that could kill me if I'm not careful. I just smiled at the teachers and nodded my head. They knew what I knew. This was going to be a long and scary time under this rubble.