chapter 9. drowning in the night

Osamu had come to visit his brother on the seccond day after the doctor gave the okay. He and Sakusa still shared a room as they were asked to stay another night, a way to reassure the doctors that they were well and healthy.

The grey haired twin peeped his nose through a crack; the door wasn't completely shut since a nurse forgot to do so before leaving. He peeked in, watching as Atsumu smiled at a black haired male on a neighboring bed.

Sakusa grumble at whatever Atsumu just said, rolling his eyes in slight annoyance as the blonde setter laughed at him. Osamu wondered if it was really the right moment to walk in and sxold his brother while trying to not breakdowns.

He waited a few minutes, see if anyone was going to do something more than just chat, which didn't happen. So after about 5 minutes of just standing there, he pushed the door open obnoxiously, glaring at his brother.

Osamu was wearing a cap, hiding his hair under it. He also had sunglasses and a hoodie, hiding a few ressemblance features he had with Atsumu under his clothing and accessories.

"Tsumu what the fuck." He said as he crossed his arms, frowning. Sakusa, not liking the sudden intrusion, jumped on his feet, glaring at the other Miya. "Who the hell are you and what do you want with Atsumu." Sakusa said sternly as he stood defensively in front of his setter.

Yes, his setter. Nothing was there to actually solidify why Sakusa claimed Atsumu as his setter, but he just let the idea flow in. It was a pleasant idea, one to which he knew he could adapt to rapidly, one he desired. His setter, no one else's.

Osamu scoffed and cracked his knuckles, his anger rising by the second. Something in him snapped, the tone the unknown person used towards him irritated, angered him so much. He took slow steps towards the Ace, trying to stand near his brother.

"You must be the asshole who cause this, aren't you?" Osamu said with a menacing voice, feeling like he could bite Sakusa's head off instantly of pure rage. Sakusa tensed up, his fists baling immediately.

"Who are you calling an asshole? You have the attitude of a jackass." He retorted, moving in front of Atsumu to sheild him of Osamu.

The whole time, Atsumu watched as his ace and his brother fought, extremely confused on the whole situation. He was sure the two had never met before, yet they were talking as if they did something unforgiving, causing them to hate eachother.

"Jackass? You fucking abussive narcissistic bitch! My brother almost killed himself because of you, Joon! Are you that fucking stupid?!" And it hit the two hospitalized boys.

Atsumu started to laugh, soon turning into an uncontrollable fit that made his stomach cramp. Sakusa and Osamu dropped their stances, confused. "Joon? I'm not Joon, I'm Sakusa Kiyoomi." Sakusa said in a confused tone.

And this was the moment Osamu wanted to disappear. Atsumu was wheezing as Osamu turned around to leave, just to be stopped by a black hqired man, filming him. "Suna, hun, turn the fucking video off I swear to god."

Suna snorted and put away his phone, waving at the others. "Well that was funny. How's it going 'Tsumu?" Suna asked as he made his way to the blonde twin, keeping his laid back image even thought internally he was worried sick.

"Better. The police arrested Joon last night actually and I was assigned a therapist to help with the trauma. Omi also conforted me so it's going well!" He said with a small smile, knowing very well suna was hiding his feelings.

There were a few steps who were heard before arms wrapped around Atsumu tightly. Osamu held back a sob as he hugged his brother tightly, to scared to talk yet so much to say. Atsumu hugged him back, not as tightly but still with some force. "I'm sorry.." he mumbled to his brother.

"Don't you dare say sorry!" Osamu yelled in a cracking voice, hiccuping before inhaling deeply. "Don't you dare say sorry." He repeated again with a more stable voice.

"He did this, not you. You just wanted to be done with it, you wanted a way out. Don't say sorry for the injuries he did, don't say sorry for what you went through that we don't know or understand, don't say sorry for the harm you caused yourself." Osamu said before pulling away.

"Don't say sorry for the wrongs the world did, as the world doesn't care and it keeps turning. You did what you thought was best for you, even though it pained us. Don't say sorry for not seeing the other paths." He said before tears rolled down his cheeks, past the thick lenses of the sunglasses he wore.

He ripped the glasses off his face to wipe away his tears harshly, only to be hugged by Atsumu again. The two brothers cried in each other's arms as the two other males watched from a short distance. Suna tried to distract himself with his phone, uet couldn't stop glancing at the two males who wre an emotional wreck.

As for Sakusa, he was still a bit embaressed of his error and waited for the twins to be a bit less emotional before appolagizing for his mistake.

The twins took a good 30 minutes to calm before Sakusa bowed to Osamu, appolagizing. "I didn't know you were his brother." He mumbled before standing awkwardly and stepping back.

"I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions too. I didn't recognize you Even though I watch yer games. Just know my brother really cares for ya, so don't you dare hurt him." Osamu threatened the ace, making Atsumu slap his back.

"Shut yer trap Samu, jeez." He said as his twin hit him behind the head. "I'm worried, ya blonde bimbo!" Osamu fired back.

Next thing you know, Suna was pulling Osamu away from his brother as Sakusa pulled Atsumu the the corner of the room to seperate the two.