The Early Morning: Chapter 3

[The next morning]

(Fred's POV)

I woke up and sat up in my bed. I started thinking about what Ginny had said to me earlier. As much as I wanted to tell Hermione how I felt about her, I didn't know if she felt the same way.

I looked at my clock to realize it was one in the morning. I glanced at George, he was fast asleep. I decided to go downstairs and get a cup of water.

I walked downstairs and I was in the kitchen grabbing water when I heard a noise. I turned the corner and saw Hermione sitting by the fireplace reading.

She glanced up and stared at me.

(Hermione's POV)

I was sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace when I heard footsteps. I looked up and saw Fred standing there. He was wearing baggy sweat pants and no shirt.

I stared at him and looked at his abs.

"Hey." Fred said giving me a smile.

"Hey, what are you doing up at this time?" I asked him putting my bookmark in my book and shutting it.

"I came to get water, why are you still up?" He asked me.

"I like reading at night, nobody can disturb me and I also like the sound of the fire crackling while sitting in front of it feeling it's warmth." I said smiling at him.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked me.

"Sure." I said as I smiled and scooted over so he could sit down next to me.

(Fred's POV)

I asked Hermione if I could join her and she said yes. I smiled big and walked over and sat down next to her.

"How long have you been down here?" I asked her.

"Since midnight." She replied.

I looked at Hermione and saw her looking at my body, I looked down and realized I had no shirt on. My cheeks went bright red.

"Oh, uh- let me go get a shirt." I said and I ran upstairs. I decided I was going to grab a sweatshirt instead. I put it on and made my way back downstairs to see Hermione reading her book again and I got butterfly's in my stomach. I couldn't deny she looked cute when she was reading.

I walked over to her and sat down next to her.

"What book is that anyway?" I asked.

"A muggle book called Romeo and Juliet." She replied. I had never heard of it.

"What is it about?" I asked as I scooted a bit closer to her. Surprisingly she didn't move away.

"A wealthy girl named Juliet and she falls in love with a poor guy named Romeo and they can't be together so they try to find a way to be together." She said.

"Interesting." I said.

"It's a really popular muggle book." She said.

"Did they end up together?" I asked, I was trying to make a conversation about something she likes.

"No, they both end up dying." She said.

"Jesus, that's harsh!" I said opening my eyes wide. This caused her to giggle a little bit which made me blush.

"You can read it if you want." She said smiling.

"Nah, I would never be able to finish it. You can read it to me though." I said smiling. I really wanted her to read it to me. Her voice was so soothing to me.