The Punished and The Panicked

"Oh, hi Alby." I say nervously.

Alby walks up to us and crosses his arms. "June, you can leave. I need to talk to Jeremy alone." Hey says.

I'm not okay with this. I'm very protective of my brother, he's the only thing I have of my old life.

"Leave him alone, he didn't mean to do anything." I growl, shielding my brother.

Alby sighs and quickly glances behind him. "I thought you would do that... That's why I didn't come alone..."

Almost instantly Newt and Minho step out from behind him. I start to panic and I'm about to run but before I can Newt lifts me up and carries me over his shoulder fireman style. Minho was trying to make sure I didn't kill him.

"NO!" I scream, pounding my tiny fists on Newt's back, "NO! DONT TOUCH MY BROTHER! JEREMY! JEREMY!"

I'm sobbing now. I knew they would punish him. He might only be 10 but he still did something wrong. I don't think they would banish him, but I can't be sure.

"PUT ME DOWN NOW!" I scream at Newt. I'm kicking now and I can tell I kicked him in the stomach at least twice.

"Calm down June." He says to me, but, of course, this just makes me angrier. I have a lot of anger for a 10 year old. At least that's what Thomas always tells me.

"NO! I HATE YOU! PUT ME DOWN! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!"

"Newt, just put the shuck girl down. She's gonna give you a black eye and then we'll have to send you to the Med-Jacks am considering she is a Med-Jack, I don't think it would end well." Minho says from behind Newt.

"Fine."

Newt sets me down and was probably going to say something but I didn't hear because I was running. Not towards the homestead because I would likely just get Jeremy in more trouble, but towards the creek in the woods. I keep running until I can't hear Newt and Minho calling after me.

I reach the creek and sit down on the edge crying. I know Newt and Minho will have followed me... So I wait until they come.