Screaming for Help

The bright morning sun wakes me and Lainey up. I'm still wearing the dress I ha put on last night, but it stinks now because I had worn it to bed. So I quickly change into a light blue dress dotted with purple flowers, white leggings, and a pair of brown boots. I always wear boots. Sometimes the box sends up pretty black shoes but I don't really like wearing those.

I look out the window and see other Gladers already at work. The builders have already begun re-building the pit. I don't see Jeremy or Gally there. I sigh and head outside, leaving the room all to Lainey.

I know that the other Med-Jacks won't need me right away so I wander around a bit. I think about what surprises Alby and Minho had requested for me and Jeremy. I walk into the woods and wander around a bit. I had told Lainey that I was going on a walk this time so I wouldn't get in trouble.

I'm not even paying attention to where I'm going and I soon wander into a part of the woods I had never seen before. It was dark, and covered with undergrowth. I see something moving in the distance and walk over to it.

I reach one of the maze walls and move behind the ivy vines and discover a window. I had seen the window back in the Glade, but nobody ever told me there was a second.

I peer through the window, expecting to see a runner since they ha just gone out and couldn't have made it that far. Something moves in the shadows and I lean in closer. All of a sudden I whirring noise and the thing jumps at the window.

I scream and fall down, panicked. It's a griever. Out in broad daylight. This doesn't happen. This NEVER happens!

Minho! Thomas! They were out there! So we're the other runners!

I'm about to run when I hear a cracking sound. I turn around and see that the griever was attempting at breaking the glass. And slowly succeeding.

"HELP! GRIEVER! HELP! NEWT, ALBY, LAINEY! THERES A GRIEVER!" I scream at the top of my lungs as I run back towards the Glade. I can only hope that the glass won't break.