Chapter 1

Sorting hat : GRYFFINDOR!

*Everyone gasps*

Ron : He's a Malfoy. I thought all Malfoys belongs to Slytherin.

The boy sits down alone. Y/n gets up and walks to him.

Y/n : May I sit here?

The boy nods and smiles at y/n

Y/n : My name is Y/n Potter. You've met my brother there.

He shakes your hand.

Draco : Name's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. I bet you don't want to sit or be with me. People are calling me blood traitor.

Y/n : Why is it so important a Malfoy has to be in Slytherin?

Draco : It's traditional and it's in our bloods. Slytherins are only pure blood and half blood. No muggle borns are allowed to be sorted into it. I'm from the pure blood family.

Y/n : Don't take it hard but few Gryffindor students actually welcoming you Draco and to me a family traditions is such a boring and pressure thing. I really don't like it.

Draco : You're right it is a lot of pressure and many rules. Especially when father said I'm such a crybaby. Oh what am I going to tell my father about me in gryffindor?

Y/n : Your dad must be scary man.

Draco : He is. I guess I have to tell him. I hope he doesn't be too mad.

Y/n : He is your father. He still going to love you. You're his son.

He smiles and starts to eat and share some sweets with you.

Y/n : Harry, Ron, Hermione, you know Draco. Give him a chance guys. He's a good guy.

H/R/HG : Fine.

Hermione : Just don't call me a mudblood Malfoy.

Draco : Deal Granger.

Ron : Come on we best get up to the boy's dorm room and rest before tomorrow's class.

Y/n : You're right. Come on Hermione. Goodnight Harry. Goodnight Ron. Goodnight Draco.

H/R/D : Goodnight y/n

Draco : y/n thank you for accepting me.

Draco holds your hand and smile

Y/n : No problem. I know what is like to be alone with no friends.

Next morning you all sat down eating breakfast while Draco is in Dumbledore's office with his parents about his sorting ceremony.

Hermione : I really hope his family take it well.

Ron : I know. Imagine your family have been in slytherins for decades until now you're the first to be other than Slytherin.

Draco walks in the hall with Neville beside him.

Harry : How was it Malfoy?

Draco : My parents are very disappointed. They think I'm a mistake. I never been this embarrassed. My father was so embarrassed of me. I feel like an idiot.

Neville : Come on don't say that. You're not an idiot. They just need to accept that the family traditions are changing.

Y/n : It can't get any worse right?

Draco : Father wants me to pretend I'm a slytherin in front of his friends. I feel such a useless son.

Y/n : No you are not. You do belong here and it's your own choice. It's okay to be upset but you have to know this is your path. Not your family's.