𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟶𝟽, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾

'You gave her your sweater

It's just polyester...'

Jisung POV

I buried my head in my arms in exhaustion. How was I supposed to sleep when the only thing that I could think of is the way Minho hyung kept looking at Heather noona? I sighed and stared out the window. I gave up trying to focus on the lesson a long time ago. Mr. Jeon kept rambling about some war so I lost interest.

I stared at the songbird resting on the nearby tree branch. I couldn't recognize the species, but the color of its feathers reminded me of Minho hyung's favorite hoodie.

The hoodie he gave Heather noona. I grunted in frustration, and Hyunjin looked at me weirdly. After giving him a silly face, I recalled a memory from two days ago, when Minho hyung almost punched me.

"What happened?" Minho hyung ran over and my smile fell. "Are you okay Heather? Jisung, what the fu-"

"Minho." Heather reached out and grabbed his tight fist. I didn't even notice that it was clenched. Was he planning on punching me? "It's fine. I'm fine. It was just a little water."

He sighed and ran a hand through his chocolate brown hair. Goddamn it, I wanted to touch his hair so bad. "Okay. Stay here, I'll get you my sweater."

His sweater... my heart dropped when I saw him running back with the sweater. The sweater that he gave me 5 years ago. The one he said that it looked better on me than it did on him. I clenched my fists tightly and my stomach churned in anger.

Jisung, dude. Relax. It's just polyester, why are you making such a big deal out of it. You're so childish.

I watched the sweater swallow Heather noona and Hyunjin rested a hand on my shoulder to calm me down. Minho hyung stared at me.

"Be more careful next time Jisung."

"Sorry hyung." I muttered.

I groaned and hid my face in my hands in embarrassment. This really ruined my chances with him now, not that I had a chance with him before. I could still remember the soft fabric that would rustle with every small movement.

I heard the classroom door open, and everyone's attention turned towards the front of the room, where Heather noona was standing with a clipboard in hand and a bright smile on her face.

Oh, did I mention that Heather noona is the president of the student council and the captain of the girl's volleyball team? Not to mention the fact that she volunteers at two different animal shelters and plans on becoming a veterinarian. I mean, she definitely has the brains for it.

She also volunteers at the nearby soup kitchen every Saturday, helping feed people who couldn't feed themselves. She's also part of Girl Scout's so she volunteers at an orphanage, a nursing home, and frequent beach clean-ups. Everyone at school calls her an angel, probably because she really is an angel in human form.

But I can't help but hate her.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love her. She had the power to make the rest of my high school life hell after I spilled water on her, but she genuinely didn't get mad.

How could I possibly hate her?

But I still do. Because I noticed. I notice everything. The quick glances that Heather noona and Minho hyung give each other. Their close proximity, their subtle flirtatious touches. It literally rips my heart into two whenever I see it.

"Mr. Jeon, would you sign this please? I'm starting a new campaign to stop bullying, and if I get enough signatures, the principal said that he would help me officially start it." She looked at the sea of eyes watching her and smiled, flashing her dimples.

"That's a wonderful idea Heather. Of course I will, and if any of you guys want to sign it too, raise your hand and Heather can bring you the clipboard." Mr. Jeon scribbled on the clipboard and handed it back to Heather noona, which she gratefully accepted.

"Raise your hand if you want to sign the petition." Almost every hand, including mine, went up into the air.

After everyone had signed, Heather noona beamed at us. "Thank you so much everyone!" She gave me a small wave and left our classroom.

God, I hate her so much.