Part 2

"Excuse me, what?" Alex says shocked at what she just heard. "Alex" before she can even finish what she was about to say, Alex stops her "Kelly, I know you didn't say what I think you did" she gets up and starts pacing wondering how this happened. Kelly panics "Alex, I never slept with anyone else, please you have to believe me. I wouldn't" she sounds as if she is about to cry and the panic in her voice stops Alex from pacing. "What! Kel, babe, shit" she rushes to sit back down on the couch "baby look at me" Kelly's eyes are shining trying to prevent her tears from falling, Alex smiles at her and it turns into a full on laugh "I never thought that you cheated until you actually mentioned it. Sorry about the pacing, I was trying to figure out how this happened. I have an idea. I need to call Sara".

"Okay, I called Sara, she'll be here soon. Babe listen, whatever this is we will deal with it together" she pulls Kelly into her arms. They weren't trying to have a child, they've spoken about it and decided when they're both ready they would either adopt or try getting pregnant. A portal opening up in their living room breaks their silence "Hey Alex, what's up? Doctor Olsen, always a pleasure" Sara says with her usual charm and her eyes roaming over Kelly's body. Alex rolls her eyes "can you stop flirting with my lady. I'm standing right here" knowing that Sara is trying to get a reaction out of her. Kelly just laughs at Sara's usual teasing, knowing that Sara is just trying to get Alex to react. "Sara, I need Gideon to do a full scan on Kelly, please. It's important", "yeah sure, come on. The Legends are on a little break anyway".
They arrive on the ship "Good day, Director Danvers. Doctor Olsen, how are you?" "Gideon, Alex and Kelly are fine. There is no need for formalities" Alex sighs as Kelly just smiles and looks around the ship in awe. "Gideon can you do a few tests on Kelly, Alex will tell you everything you need to know and where's Ava? Let me know when you're done, Gid" "very well Captain. Ava is in your quarters with Lita. Mr. Rory is at a Rebecca Silver signing, Mr. Tarazi is in the lab, Mr. Heywood and Ms. Logue are in the library working on the fates and Ms. Tarazi is in her room working on another video" Gideon informs Sara. She turns to Alex and Kelly "the kids are busy so they won't interrupt you" she leaves them in the medbay with Gideon. "Gideon can you lock the doors and make sure no one hears us please" "already done, Alex". "Babe, on the chair" she puts the medical bracelet on Kelly's wrist "alright Gideon, so can you please check Kelly's bloodwork, a full scan for any anomalies in her system, she was attacked by a martian a few months ago and when we ran a check we couldn't find anything wrong in her system but now apparently she's pregnant" Alex says in one breath. "Alex please, just relax. I'm supposed to be anxious about this". "I've completed the scans. Kelly is in excellent health. There are no traces of the martian attack from a few months ago" Gideon pauses before she continues "and Dr. Olsen is indeed expecting. Congratulations" Gideon says sounding a little too happy. "What!? I mean I knew. The pregnancy test was positive" she looks over at Alex who has yet to say something "Kelly, how did this happen?" Alex questions "if I may Director" Gideon interrupts Alex "Gideon, I've told you before, Alex is fine but please continue". "I believe when you celebrated your birthday a few weeks back with Team Flash, The Legends and your family. Captain Lance gave you a gift from the future and she may have mentioned that you read the instructions before you use it" Gideon says cautiously "Gideon, what exactly are you trying to say" Alex questions sounding more like Director Danvers "Alex" Kelly warns not liking the tone in her girlfriends voice. "The foetus is biologically yours and Kelly's" Gideon says as if she is used to delivering news of this magnitude. "What the fuck!" Alex almost shouts surprising Kelly "Alex" Kelly raises her voice at Alex and she knows Kelly is not impressed "sorry Gideon", "it is quite alright Dr. Olsen". "Babe, do you need to lay down" Kelly asks patiently knowing that Alex is processing all this information and trying to figure out how to deal with all of this. Taking a deep breath, Alex gets up from her seat in the medbay walks over to Kelly, she puts her arms around her shoulders, kisses her on the forehead "are you mad?" She asks quietly almost afraid of Kelly's answer. Kelly looks up at her and smiles, pulling her closer "of course not baby. I know it's not exactly how we expected it to happen but it did and I'm really happy. We're having a baby"'she says with tears in her eyes. Alex visibly relaxes "I love you so much, Kel" she pulls Kelly into a deep kiss. "We'll be okay, right? I mean we can do. Fuck! Gideon, she's had wine and beer" Alex says in panic "the foetus is healthy, Director Danvers." "thank you, Gid. You're the best".