Part 4

The day has finally arrived. They're going to tell everyone. Kelly passed 12 weeks in her pregnancy, the baby is healthy, Kelly is healthy and Alex couldn't be happier. Eliza and James came a few days ago. It didn't matter where everyone was or what they were doing, they made sure they were together for family holidays. It's Christmas. Alex has become increasingly overprotective and anxious. She's had to keep busy so Kara wouldn't notice that something is up, she's had to work extra hard to keep her mind clear around J'onn so he wouldn't be able to read her mind and thankfully Nia hasn't had any dreams because she is the one person that couldn't really control her dreams, they would just come to her.

Since everyone knew that Kara and Lena were dating, Lena's penthouse became part of the rotation for game nights or whatever random get together they decided to have. One random evening at game night, everyone was talking about Christmas, Lena said they could all come over to her place for Christmas which shocked everyone but she insisted and they accepted her offer on condition that she not go overboard with food.

"Nervous?" Kelly asks bringing Alex out of her thoughts. "A little bit, I'm sure they'll be happy but explaining the whole thing is going to be weird. Do we have everything? They decided on two gifts for everyone, one that each person would like and the other a scan of baby Danvers-Olsen wrapped in a sweatshirt with their titles printed on it. She bends down to Kelly's stomach "you're already so loved my angel" she kisses Kelly's stomach.

They arrive at Lena's apartment and everyone is already there. Lena is in the kitchen with Nia, Kara and James are chatting about CatCo and what he has been doing with the paper in Calvintown and as usual Brainy, Eliza and J'onn are discussing science. Brainy patiently answering all Eliza's questions. "Hey sorry we're late. We had things to take care of. Hey mom" Eliza walks over to them "Hi girls, is everything alright?" "Yes, just last minutes things" Alex shrugs not wanting to give anything away yet.

They've exchanged gifts, ate so much food and Lena's apartment is filled with so much laughter. Lena has never experienced this before; this energy, the laughing, the banter, the teasing, just being. She couldn't be happier being part of this family.

"So we need to tell you guys something" Alex says interrupting everyone as they quiet down to listen to her and Kara immediately looks worried because obviously Alex would decide to deliver news with a Director Danvers demeanor "we're fine, Kara" Kelly quickly says. Alex hands everyone their second gift "Kara, don't use your x-ray vision or I'll take it away".

"You can't talk to me like I'm still a kid, Alex"

"Then stop pouting like one"

Eliza interrupts "Alex. Kara. Stop it. I swear, it doesn't matter how old you are, you still argue like children" and everyone laughs.

"Now you can open it" Alex says with alot more glee as she pulls Kelly closer to her and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "What the! Ahhhhhhh!!!" Kara shouts breaking a silence, she looks at Alex.

"Alex" and Alex nods confirming what she's thinking.

"Kelly, if you're pranking me, I swear" James finally takes his eyes off the scan and looks at Kelly with tears in his eyes "Kara, scan her"

"Woah woah woah. No" Alex says stopping both of them.

"Alex he's right, I should. Nia what are you even doing"? Kara asks looking at Nia confused.

"Taking selfies with baby Dansen for my Twitter and Instagram. Best Christmas gift ever".

"Nia, Dansen is not a word" Kara says "Kar, it's their ship name and why did you guys not even mention that you were trying to have a kid?" Nia looks over at Alex and Kelly.

Alex and Kelly look at each other "so about that" Kelly starts then looks Alex, she nods "Kel, please.." Kelly breathes before she continues "it's Alex's baby" she says quietly.

"Excuse me, what" Eliza asks and Alex actually looks scared "baby Dansen is biologically mine and Kelly's" Alex says with a little more confidence.

"What I'm hearing is that my very responsible daughter accidentally got her girlfriend pregnant. Kelly" Eliza say looking between her daughter and her girlfriend.

Everyone goes silent while waiting for Alex or Kelly to answer Eliza "why do I feel like I'm 15 again and being reprimanded for doing something that I shouldn't have been done" Kelly whispers to Alex, "that's Eliza Danvers for you. Give her a minute baby" "Alexandra Danvers, answer me" "yes mom. I accidentally got Kelly pregnant. Are you mad?" she says quickly hoping to get this over with as fast as possible. Everyone waits for Eliza to respond "I'm going to be grandma. I'm going to be a grandma" she says in disbelief "I'm going to be a grandma!" she finally shouts with tears running down her face. "J'onn, we're grandparents" she says to everyone, she pulls Kelly and Alex into a hug, bends down to Kelly's stomach "oh my precious angel. I love you". Everyone comes to hug them. 

"Are we not going to discuss how the science for two women to have a child does not exist in this time" Brainy asks

"Or how Eliza blew past Alex accidentally Kelly pregnant" Kara says.

Alex buries her head in Kelly's shoulder "I can't do this please. I thought we would avoid this part. Shit Kara" she says softly, Kara walks over "you're really pregnant? I'm really going to be an aunt" she asks looking between the two "yes, Kara" she grabs Alex and Kelly into a hug "I'm going to be an aunty!" "Uh Kara too tight. We can't breathe" "guys, I'm an aunty!" she says to everyone. She bends to Kelly's stomach "my little jellybean. I love you".

"Eliza tell Alex to let me scan Kelly, we need to know if jellybean is healthy" Eliza walks over "you will not. If you x-ray Kelly and hurt my grandchild" "fine, I won't" she pouts and walks over to Lena.

"What's wrong? Alex you broke Lena" Lena shows Kara the scan "You're going to be the best aunty Lee. I can't wait to meet you" her eyes are shining and she's never felt so many emotions. Eliza walks over "Lena, we're your family. We love you. You're going to be great and this way you get the practice in for our other grandbabies" "Eliza! Mom" Kara and Alex shout while everyone else just laughs.

"Alex, of all the things you have achieved, the things you've done and the things you have sacrificed. This is what I am most proud of. James, thank you for getting shot" J'onn chuckles "because all it took was Kelly walking into that hospital, a disagreement an apology with a jello cup and now we're having a baby. I made a promise to Jeremiah that I would protect you and your sister" he walks over to Alex and Kelly "I will protect my grandchild with everything I have. To baby Danvers-Olsen" J'onn says "baby Danvers-Olsen" everyone says.

                                        -----

Kelly walks out on the balcony "hey, I know we didn't talk much after we told everyone, are you okay?" Kelly asks her brother.

"Kel, we're having a baby" he says still not believing that this is actually happening.

He wraps his arms around Kelly and picks her up surprising her "James put me down now" she shouts laughing at her brother. He puts her down "what's gotten into you?" she questions.

He looks at her and throws his arm around her neck pulling her a little bit closer "since I got shot; so many things have happened to us but what I'm most proud of is rebuilding our relationship and Alex. I'm so grateful that you had her to lean on when you needed someone the most and I couldn't do it. You know Kel, dad would have loved her and he would have loved his grandchild. You two are going to be great parents" he kisses her on her forehead.

                                         ------

They drink and the conversation is now about the baby, Kara and Nia are already planning a baby shower. Lena and Brainy have decided to figure out how it happened. J'onn, Eliza and James are discussing toys, languages and everything they're going to teach the baby. Overall it was a typical day for their family. Lucikly they didn't have to explain how everything happened with Eliza, J'onn and they boys present, Alex wouldn't be able to handle having to explain this to Eliza. Kelly was sure her brother would rather not know. Alex and Kelly watch their crazy family in wonder "you know Kara, Lena and Nia are going to want to know how this happened" Kelly tells Alex "I know my love, let's just enjoy this and we can deal with that later once they've calmed down" she turns to Kelly "I love you so much Kelly" she kisses Kelly.