Chapter 8

Shout out to ShivaniRajput811 and WritingsofAish being only two active readers 😘💕

•••

"My child, anger is never the answer. Violence is never a solution. Human should have control over their emotions." Father Joseph; principal of Elphinstone was lecturing them. Although, Father Joseph was calm, kind and gentle, but one had to be in really deep mess to be send off to his office. ACore Four have their fair share of time spend here. Today, two members of ACore Four were explaining him why they were quarrelling in dormitory. Disturbing everyone.

Father Joseph was sitting on his desk chair, while Aaban and Aniqa were standing in front of him.

"Father, I'm a really calm and composed person. But this girl, somehow, manages to get on my nerves..... You won't believe what she did." Aaban complained him like a five years old.

"Actually, I also want to know what I did." Aniqa crossed her arms over her chest and turned to Aaban.

"Father, I was on a date with Ridhima and she came there...."

"First of all, apni marzi se nahi aayi thi. you were the one who showed danger sign......" Aniqa added in between. But Aaban ignored her like he hadn't heard her.

(I didn't come to your table in my own will...)

" - and told Ridhima that a dog bit me and I have to get a shot from doctor.... Father, aap hi bataiye, Kya sochegi Ridhima mere barey mein?" Father Joseph was giving expression to every words of Aaban, nodding at the last, thinking this was not an impression one would like to make on his date.

(What will she thinks of me?)

"Kya farq padhta Hai? Konsa tum dubara uske sath date pe jate."

(How does it matter? I know you, you won't go out with her again.)

"Uske sath nahi jata lekin... Ab woh apni dosto ko bata degi yeh baat, Maine socha Tha next week Naina ke sath coffee pe jaunga."

(I won't go out with her but... Now she will tell her friends about it and I was thinking of taking Naina on coffee next week.)

"Naina? Ridhima's friend? Father, dekh rahe Hain aap? Yeh kis type ka Banda Hai? Ek ladki ke sath date pe gaya Hai aur phir waha uski friend ke sath coffee ka soch Raha Hai. Elphinstone ki adhi se zyada ladkiyon ko date Kar chuka Hai yeh."

(What kind of person he is? He went on a date with one girl and was thinking of taking her friend on coffee too. He has dated almost half of the girl in Elphinstone.)

"Haan toh tum kyu jealous ho rahi ho. Oh achha! Un ladkiyon mein tumhara naam Jo nahi Hai." Aaban turned to her and mocked.

(Why are you jealous? Because you aren't one of them?)

"Tumhare sath date pe jana kissey Hai? Na jane un ladkiyon ke pass aqal nahi Hai ya aankh." Aniqa snorted and put her hair behind her ear.

(Who wants to go on a date with you? I don't know if those girls are blind or dumb to go out with you.)

"Aniqa, Aaban, listen to me, friends do have differences and this made them fight with each other. but they shouldn't harm each other. And definitely should not use words to hurt each other." Father Joseph interrupted them before they could go on in full swing to argue with each other.

"She is not my friend. I don't know why do Adish and Ahil even keeps her around?" Throwing a glance at Aniqa, Aaban told him.

"You are the one we are keeping around. Warna ACore Four se zyada better ACore Three hota." Aniqa informed him with a huff.

(ACore Four was better with ACore Three.)

"Oh, really! Aniqa, tum ek kaam Kyu nahi karti? Jake apne type ke logo mein uthi baitho. Achha bhool gaya tha, tumhare type ka yaha Hai kon? Ladki ho lekin ladki wali koi baat nahi. Ladke tumhari taraf waise bhi nahi dekhte."
(Why don't you hang out with people like you? I forgot, no one is here your type, girls doesn't keep you around because of your weird personality and boys doesn't even glance at your side.)

"Aaban, that was really harsh." Father Joseph had to stop the teenage boy before he could overstep.

"Haan toh tumhara Kya masla Hai?" But Aniqa ignored Father Joseph, and shouted, totally forgetting they are standing in front of Elphinstone's principle.

(What's your problem?)

"Tum ho Mera masla." Aaban matched with her volume.

(You are my problem.)

"Aaban, Aniqa....." Father Joseph could only call them. But both, once again, ignored his presence.

Two angry teenager were quarrelling in front of him, and Father Joseph had no idea how to hold them back. He could only held his head in his hand.

•••

Aaban and Aniqa always had fight with each other, they would stop talking to other, even the slight mention of other would anger them. But this time, their anger was silent. They sat together on breakfast but pretended the seat beside them is empty. Aniqa didn't give any reaction to Aaban while Aaban also ignored her presence.

They were talking to Ahil and Adish normally though, as if nothing happened last night.

Ahil and Adish were hesitate to mention about last night too. They decided to let them off their own, they will come around. Beside, both could not live without arguing with each other.

•••

Ahil Mirza was in criminal law class, where Ma'am Rosie ask students to make pair for their next assignment. Ahil had no one whom he talks to in his classes, the guy who he sat next to, already partner up with his friend. Ahil was confusingly looking around to see if anyone is free like him.

Ma'am Rosie saw his troubled face and understood.

"Mirza, you'll be partner with Khan." She called him and said, which made Ahil's head snapped on ma'am's side. He stood up slowly, praying Khan is someone else, not the girl whom he avoided.

But luck wasn't on his side that day, Emaya Khan was partner up with him, Ahil internally groaned.

•••

Emaya and Ahil were sitting in library, working on their assignment. What Ahil was dreading, never came. He thought Emaya haughty person like her sisters (who has picked on him when he was in school and wasn't in ACore Group. But this was long time back.) But Emaya was genial, little straightforward though, she didn't waste any time in making small talks, it wasn't like Ahil is eager to have conversation with her. But what surprised him, she didn't ask about him. Which was very out of blue, because almost everyone whom he has talked in Elphinstone ask about him. Or more likely his family. His friends were the only one who never ask him about his family, and in their presence, other didn't dare to ask too.

Maybe she don't know about him. Or maybe didn't care. Last one was hard to digest, that's why Ahil settled with option one.

They both were silently doing their assignment, only spoke to other when had ask about something

"Do you think...." Emaya opened her mouth to speak when someone bumped their bag on table and sat beside Emaya with a loud thump.

"I'll seriously kill Aaban Khan." Aniqa whispered, but anger was dripping from her words. She didn't noticed Emaya's presence there.

"What did my cousin do?" Ahil opened his mouth to ask her what's wrong, but Emaya asked her question first.

Aniqa was startled when heard a feminine voice, but when saw Emaya sitting beside her, her jaw almost hit the floor, she turned to Ahil with sharp eyes.

Ahil tried to tell her not to speak through his eyes, while Emaya was looking at them with confusion.