What Happened

"Well thank you axel" the girl drawled with a fake British accent and took a seat next to you eyeing you up and down as axel walked away. Her perfume was so strong it could suffocate you any second.
"And who might you be? The help?" She cackled an annoying laugh and flipped her long blonde hair over her shoulder, while dropping her puffy jacket off her slender shoulders revealing a designer top.

You smiled trying to ignore the snyde remark.
"My name is y/n. I'm a close and PERSONAL friend of axel and xion. " you sneered and delicately placed your hand under your chin averting your eyes to xion who was loading up a tray with little shots of coffee.

Terra, another worker at the shop came to the front and began helping xion as axel answered the phone. You couldn't help but get lost thinking about the kiss and how he looked in his uniform.

A sudden annoying laugh interrupted your personal thoughts.
You glanced back at the lady and she placed a hand to her cheek and pointed at axel.
He works so hard doesn't he?" She sighed dreamily, her accent suddenly disappearing.
You nodded and sat up straighter as xion and axel came over with the tray of samples to try.

"Ok guys if these don't taste good I'm sorry haha. I experimented with some of our new flavors." Xion beamed placing the tray onto the table and handing the both of you a glass of water, and a piece of paper.
"Just drink them and let us know which ones you liked best. We need two different perspectives. " axel finished before walking away with xion.

Two different perspectives? What does that even mean?? You pondered as the blonde eyed her samples carefully and picked the one titled, vanilla dreams. You picked up the same sample and took a sip.
It tasted very warm and sweet. It reminded you of Christmas cookies. You placed the empty sample cup down and wrote what you thought under the category that matched the name.

"You know." The blonde began and finished writing her explanation.
"YYou said you were a close friend of axel right?" She asked in a sly tone.
You nodded and began searching foryour next sample.
"Yes I've known them since highschool." You answered before picking up a new sample titled peppermint sugar explosion.

"Well.." she began and picked up a sample cup and twirling her hair around her slender finger
"This should be fun then shouldn't it?"

.....
"All done." You told xion handing her your paper. Terra smiled running his hand through his brown hair.
"Thanks a bunch y/n!"

Xion nodded and place her free hand on your shoulder, Strands of her black hair falling in her eyes.
"As terra said it was important we had you here so thank you. We needed someone with expensive taste along with a regular." She explained and eyed the paper as you turned to see axel putting the coat back onto the girls shoulders.
"I see..." You began

So that's why I was here... im yhe regukar and shes...
Your thoughts were interrupted as the woman touched axels cheek and smiled before walking out into the snow and cold.
"Y/n! Thank you in so glad you liked all my flavors! " xion beamed and gave you a hug.you gave her one back and tried to forget about the blonde.

"No problem! I think I'm going to head out now and go see what's going on around town." You stammered and began walking to the door pulling your arms through your jacket sleeves passing axel who stare at you as you walked by.
"Oh.. see you later y/n!" He called after you and you pushed open the door and walked out, the cold air hitting your face as the door fell shut behind you.

You felt around for your phone and when you found it you held it to your face and unlocked it, opening 'Nobody Pager' which was your towns own brand of social media, that rivaled insta and FB.
That's when you saw that your phone was about dead anyway since you wasted pretty much your whole day trying flavor after flavor of coffee.
You gave a sigh as the lady's words reflected in your mind

"This should be interesting then"
What did she mean?
You made your way home, taking off your boot and jacket and flopping onto the couch not wanting to get up again. For as far back as you could remember you always had a crush on axel. Even when he dated other girls, you weren't sure why you were so mixed up about this.
You thought about the kiss and how his lips felt against yours.

You were so confused, and emotionally exhausted.
They seemed to be so close, but they couldn't be dating.. he kissed me...
You whispered to yourself before closing your eyes and drifting off into sleep.