Sty

It was that time of year, where hot, sweaty, athletic blondes put on they're basketball jersey and small, catlike girls tried not to stare.
     It was that time of year where students finally began to talk to each other. Like actually talk. Everyone's kinda done with trying to act cool and be cocky  like they did at the beginning of the year. It's the time of year we're people ditch old grudges and purple haired student body president girls made friends with wild haired ex-tyrant type girls.
     It was the time of year where the air is so cool tall blondes wrap they're jerseys around they're girlfriends and hold them like they'll never let go.
     It was that time of year where four best friends were in a gymnasium. Three in the stands, one on the court, all of them having the time of they're life.
     It was the time of year where the school work was kind of crap, but a certain someone had never felt better.
     It was a time where Catra really, really enjoyed being alive.
     When she watched the two seated next to her smiling at each other, resting against each other, cheering with each other, enjoying the company of each other, she saw it. 
     When she watched her tall, clumsy friend a few feet away jump up out of her seat in a whirlwind of excitement, and the girls smaller girlfriend jump up right behind her, all though not quite understanding the rules to the game, she saw it again.
       When she watched her favorite person, her best friend, her ex best friend, her rival, her lover do what made her happy and score point after point on the court, she felt it. Not just pride. Or hate for the other team. Love. Just absolute love. And a little bit of hate for the rival team. Kidding. Kidding.
       Everything around Catra felt overwhelmingly real, and oh so perfect. Sitting in the stands she couldn't believe that she was so close to never letting herself  experience what she was currently living through. She wouldn't have moved out of Ms Weavers home and in with the kindred elderly lady, Madam Razz down the block. She wouldn't  have some of the greatest, actually some of the only true friends of her life. And she wouldn't have Adora. Adora, Adora, Adora. There was no longer any spite attached to the name, only love. She loved the way it sounded in her brain and all of the happy memories and kisses and love that came with it. She loved everything about Adora.
      Catra knew that Adora had every reason to leave her, she had been shit only a little while ago and anyone else would have never even given her a second  (or maybe 4th) chance.
     That day on the tower. Catra chose to stay. And Adora chose to stay with her.

__________________

   After the game a small catlike girl ran up and tackled  a sweaty, grinning blonde into a hug.
     "Catra I appreciate it but I stink" she laughed, resting her chin on Catras head.
         "I don't care, idiot I love you so much" Adora' s lips parted in brief surprise and excitement. Exchanging 'I love you's' wasn't unusual for the two but every time Adora heard it her heart practically burst open. Before she could respond her girlfriend whispered quietly "Thank you, for staying with me"
       Adora' s already softened heart melted at that moment. "No thank you." She said back softly. "And I'll always stay with you, no matter what  happens in the future, I'll stay right by your side"
     Catra released her tight grip and pecked Adora lightly on the lips, before lightly pushing her away. "Softy" she teased, a slight blush dusting her cheeks. "And good job with your game or whatever" Adora's dumb jock grin was back now, and she softly laid a kiss on her girlfriends forehead, before grabbing her hand and dragging her towards the parking lot where Glimmer and Bow were waiting for traditional after-game burgers.

It felt good to be alive.

Hold up, did I actually finish writing this? I can't believe it tbh. I might write another epilogue chapter just for funsies but uh yeah, it's been a great ride. Thanks for anyone who took the time to read this, ily💕