kit walker♡︎

credit:evandearest (tumblr) go follow them:)

hideout

warnings: panic, implied abuse, nothing really

word count: 1039

You had known Kit Walker for being the town mechanic

You had known Kit Walker for being the town mechanic. You'd talk to him every time you went for a repair or to get gas, and you thought he was such a sweetheart. Sometimes, when you had nothing to do, you'd pull up to the garage just to see him. It's not like he minded. He enjoyed your company. Actually, he looked forward to it. You and him were good friends.

It was a calm Tuesday afternoon at the garage, and Kit was beginning to think today was going to be the most boring day of his life. He hadn't gotten any customers, and hardly anybody had even drove by. So imagine the shock he was in when a car came speeding into the lot. He was in even more shock when he realized who it was.

You jumped out of your car and slammed the door, hands shaking in a panic. Kit walked over to you, a worried expression on his face.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" He was so concerned and confused.

"Kit, I'm so sorry, I didn't know where else to go," you rambled, starting to pace. "It's just my ex- he- he won't leave me alone! And he's literally following me around, I'm scared that he's going to hurt me or something!" It all came out very quickly, and at the mention of someone hurting you, his eyes got wide.

"Are you being serious?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed. You stopped pacing and gave him a look. "Okay, yeah." He bit his lip in thought.

"I just- I just needed somewhere I can hideout," you explained. "Just for a little bit. And you're the only person in my life he doesn't know about, so he would never think to look here."

Kit nodded. But then he smirked. "And what's in it for me?" He teased.

You frowned, "Kit, this is serious."

"I am bein' serious," he scanned your body from head to toe, and you blushed.

"I don't know, Kit.." your voice came out in a whisper. "Whatever you want. I'm desperate."

Kit smirked and walked closer to you. He cupped your cheek. "What about a kiss?"

You blushed harder, but nodded. "That can... be arranged." You sighed softly, shyly looking into his eyes.

Suddenly, a loud engine sounded through the quiet air. It startled both of you, making you jump. You quickly spun around to see your ex-boyfriend's truck speeding down the road.

Kit quickly grabbed your hand and dragged you into the back of the shop. He lead you behind some shelves and then grabbed your shoulders.

"Stay here," he said sternly. "I've got this, don't worry." He then hurried back to the front.

Your heart was beating fast, your hands were shaking with nerves. You were worried about what your ex might do to Kit if he really suspected you were here. That's when you remembered: your car was still parked outside.

Shit, you thought, shit shit shit.

You could hear a car door close, and then Kit's voice, even though it was hard to hear.

"What can I do for ya'?"

A pause.

"You haven't happened to see a young woman around here, have you? She has (your hair color) hair... about this tall... she's got a pretty face..." Your ex.

Another pause.

"Nah, haven't had anyone around here today with that description... I'm sure I'd remember a pretty face if I seen one..."

"Hmmph, yeah... she drives this type'a vehicle..."

"Ah, does she? I know lots'a females have been likin' this car as of recent, it's like a new obsession." Kit grunted. You could tell he was pretending to work on your car. "Females and their obsessions, am I right?" Kit chuckled.

You sighed internally. He was playing this off so well.

Your ex snorted. "Yeah, that's right.." He paused. "Well, thanks for your time. Sorry for botherin' ya'."

"No problem, man, I hope ya' find her."

You heard an engine start, and then the truck drive away. You stayed put where you were, you were still too afraid to move. You put your hands over your face and sighed in relief. When you opened your eyes, Kit stood in front of you.

"You okay, darling?" He asked softly, gently rubbing your arm. You nodded, and pulled him in for a hug. He was tense for a moment, but quickly melted into your embrace.

"Thank you," You said, sighing again. "I don't know what I would have done without you."

He hummed, stroking your hair. "It's no problem. I'd help you anytime, you never have to thank me."

You smiled, feeling butterflies explode in your stomach.

You pulled away, smiling softly at him. "Still. Thank you."

He returned your smile, before biting his lip a little bit. He seemed a bit uneasy. You shrugged it off, thinking he was just anxious about the situation.

You walked over to the front of the shop, before turning back around to face him. "Well, I guess I should probably get going." He nodded hesitantly, looking down at his shoes.

You turned around and began walking to your car. But before you could reach it, a hand on your shoulder and a "Hey, wait" stopped you.

You turned back to face him. He was smirking, and you suddenly felt nervous.

"You owe me a kiss."

You blushed, and twiddled your thumbs nervously.

Kit chuckled, "You're so cute when you're shy."

This only made you blush more, and look up at him shyly. He made a bold move and cupped your cheeks. His lips met yours, and suddenly all the nerves went away.

You sighed into the kiss, and put your arms around his neck, pulling him closer. His lips were so incredibly soft, and he was gentle, but also needy and desperate. His hands rested on your waist, and gently pushed you back. You both gasped for air, the kiss stealing your breath.

"Do you want to go to dinner?" Kit asked, smiling at you hopefully.

"You want a dinner now?" You teased, and when he blushed, you giggled. "Of course I'll go to dinner with you, Kit."♡︎