Chapter 8

Alfred's POV

I laugh as Ivan sets me down in front of the doors. "T-That was fun love hehe." I giggle a bit more and kiss Ivan's cheek. Ivan smiles down at me and kiss my cheek. "Anything to make you happy Alfie." I giggle at the silly nickname.

Though my smile and giggles soon get cut off when a certain Brit opens the door.

"Where the bloody hell have you been?! We've been waiting 10 bloody minutes for you idiots!" Arthur yells at us, mostly me..I frown and look at the ground. "S-Sorry Arthur..."

Ivan moves me behind him protectively. "My sunflower shouldn't have to apologize for being late." Ivan says to Arthur. Arthur raises a eyebrow. "Really now? Why shouldn't the bloody git apologize?" "Because this meeting is very stressful. Lots of secrets that he never wanted out are being told to everyone he knows. So it's fine if he takes a bit of a longer break that you. I would go back inside and not bother Alfred about this again." Ivan glares at Arthur and Arthur scurries back inside.

I tug at Ivan's sleeve, silently telling him he doesn't have to threaten people. He sighs and turns around to me, hugging me. "Sorry sunflower...It's just I get overprotective for you..." "I know Ivan, it's ok." I hug him back and rub his back softly. 

"..I love you Alfred." I smile a bit. "I love you to Ivan." I whisper into his ear. He pulls away from the hug and smiles at me. "Ready to go in?" I nod and Ivan holds my hand softly, leading me into the room.

We sit down and it's very tense. You could cut the air with how tense it is. Germany speaks first.

"America...About you Uhm..states." I raise my eyebrow. What about my kids? "We were talking and we all agreed that we should meet them." What..

"You..Want to meet my kids..?" I stare at them, shocked that they would want to do that or even think that I would let them do it. "Sure" Ivan smiles at them. What. What. I slam my hands on the table, "Absolutely not! I won't let any of you see them!" "Sunflower...this will be good for them, for you." Ivan whispers softly into my ear.

"No! I won't let them meet them! I won't even let them look at them! That's final!" I yell at Ivan, I know I shouldn't yell at him but these are my kids we're talking about..one of the only two reasons I'm still alive... 

"Why not?" Arthur asks.

"Why not? WHY NOT?! Do you know how much pain you've put those kids though?! All the pain they had to endure because of all of you?! You hurt them in more ways than you know! None of you. And I mean none of you will ever meet or see my kids. Do I make myself clear." I yell at them all. They're not going to hurt my children more than they have already.

Everyone stares at me in shock, I've never yelled like that.

Matthew stands up and heads over to me, no one notices him of course. He puts a hand on my shoulder and smiles softly. "I understand Alfie. I won't go anywhere near you children unless you allow me to." "Thanks Matt." I look at him.

A few people ask who Matt is and I grumble, I can't believe they forgot about my brother, again. Prussia speaks up before me though. "Mazhew, Canada, also known as ze awzome Prussia's friend!" A few ohs and rights. I sigh and mumble a small apology to Matt. He smiles and says no problem and going back to sitting in his seats.

"Well, I guess it's decided, we won't be meeting America's children anytime soon." Germany states. I sigh in relief and sit back down in my seat. Ivan glances at me before his lap. He wants to say something, I know he does, but he must not want to say it in front of everyone else.

"America, when you say we hurt the states, what do you mean?" Kiku asks. I sigh, I really don't want to explain this. Ivan puts his hand on my thigh and squeezes it softly, trying his best to comfort me.

"Well, it's different for each state for the severity but they all have some type of scar or trauma. It's worse for the states that were specifically targeted, like Hawaii." I say, glaring a little at Kiku. I know he didn't mean to hurt my baby, he didn't even know that Hawaii was personified, but he still hurt one of my children. 

"Or any of the states that were hurt in any of the wars. Their trauma is also pretty bad..I know some of them have some horrible scars." I grab my sides, remembering New York, they were hit so hard during the 9/11 attack. I know it hurt them badly, it hurt me to. "Like New York, they have two long scar on one of their s-sides, representing the t-twin towers...Washington has horrific b-burn scars from the w-war if 1812...a-and California they also have horrible b-burn scars from their f-fires, and b-because of all their earthquakes, they get random s-seizures because they're so bad..." I stare at my lap, holding myself tighter.

"A-and with Kansas and Oklahoma...because of their tornadoes they get horrible d-dry coughs..s-sometimes they cough up so much b-blood they faint...d-don't forget Texas, e-even though he h-happy and rowdy I-if he gets  to hot he'll have a h-heat stroke..." I feel something wet and hot running down my face. "a-and with Alaska...h-he sometimes g-gets so cold he j-just randomly gets c-colds and they c-can get so bad, h-he hold he he f-felt like he was going to die....t-they all t-thought they w-were g-going to d-die at some p-point...."

Ivan grabs me and pulls me into a tight hug, I whimper and hug myself more. I cry into Ivan's shoulder, my kids shouldn't have to go through his pain. Why can't I just take all the pain, why do they have to hurt my kids. They haven't done anything wrong! I just want to protect them, to keep them safe...

Hey guys! I finally made a chapter over 1000 words! Yay!

Anyways I hoped you liked this chapter. And all of the states have some type of health problem, these are just the only ones I could think of at the moment. What do you think?

Thank you so much for reading and have a great day/night!