Chapter 2

Gulf POV

"Por! (thai name for father). Does Mae even think of me?!" I asked my father irritatedly.

"Ai'Gulf, how can you say that? Of course she misses us. Besides, she calls you everyday and every night right?" my father shook his head maybe because, I'm being childish again.

"But por, she supposed to be here already! But where is she?!" I continue to act like a stubborn kiddo.

"Ai'Gulf don't be stubborn there's probably an emergency so she doesn't make it on time. Do you try to contact honey already?"

I scrunched a face. I really hate it when he calls mae honey. Jeez! So corny couple. But my ideal one.

"I'll call mae now por."

"okay little man, I'll prepare our breakfast now." I just nodded.

"Hey wait stubborn little man, don't you dare raise your voice to your mom.". My dad reminded me.

Because before, when I sulk to mom. I unintentionally raise my voice to her and I felt so bad about it. I know mom cried because of that and me as well I cried a river.

" I know por, past is past. Stop making me feel guilty. " I pout.

"I'm not saying anything." my dad smirk. I just shook my head. He's really having fun teasing his only son.

"Hello mae," I immediately greeted her as soon as she pick up on my 3rd call.

"Mae, what's with you today? Its not so you. You pick up on my 3rd call and you also forgot to call me as soon as you wake up. And lastly, you aren't here yet. Why are you taking so long?" I complain.

"Babie, I'm really sorry. Mom can't come today. I really want to go with you but..."

" But that special child is sick. Am I right mae?" my blood starts to boil. Why is that bastard always got sick whenever mae needs to go home. Oh, I knew it he did it on purpose. Damn! Mom's stealer, freak!

"Babie, pls don't be angry with him. I know what you're thinking, he didn't make it on purpose. He got a fever because he got wet with rainwater yesterday. Please understand. I promise to make it up to you okay? I love you very much my cutie Gulfie." I got teary eyed. Damn! I'm always so soft when it comes to mae and his too much concern on that special child. I'm jealous. How can I not? It's always like this he always choose that jerk over his own son.

" I need you too mae. " And then I  hang up the call. Followed by a single teardrop on my face.

Flashback...

"Mae, that jerk is already 15 years old. He can already take care of himself. You can leave him now."I try to plead my mom.

"Gulf baby, I already told you a couple of times right? He doesn't have anyone aside of me. Aren't you pity him?" my mom utter almost crying.

And that makes me more angry. Because I'm not certain if his tears is for me or for that bastard.

"But how about me mae, I need a mother too." I'm sobbing, so my mom hug me.

"Don't cry na babie at least you have your father beside you. He will take care of you. I love you so much Gulf and I need to work to give you a comfortable living. Don't you want that?" I cry harder.

" I don't need a luxurious life mae! All I want is to be with you and por! " I protested. Mom shook her head.

"Gulf, if you get older you will understand why mae is doing this." he kissed me on the forehead and then left.

Everytime, I remember this scenario of my life. I felt unloved. I felt betrayed. I felt like it wasn't true that he loves me more than anyone. He loves that special child more that's why she's still there. This memories is old but the pain still felt so new.

A/N:
I'm crying while writing this shia! Did you cry too? You understand Gulf right? I pity him🤧

This is  baby Gulf's character intro as well☺️