Ch 14 An Abrupt End

A/N: I know this took a long time but things happened and I had to prioritize certain kind of things and so on. Though this chapter will be shorter than usual and that is because this was originally suppose to have more parts to be added but I couldn't figure it out. It may seem incomplete but I should be able to start trying to upload this story more consistently. I already have the next chapter planned out.

Wiping your eyes, thinking that this match is not going to be like others you began to think of a potential strategy.

Ren: Nora, I think he is referring to yourself given that you're Vacuo.

Nora: No promises.

Summer: So I'm Mistral and Ren is Atlas?

Y/N: Yes, and I'm Vale.

Ren: Great. The downside about not being connected to the landmass is the distance.

In match the new few years were tense as the situation got only worse. With the diplomatic efforts to settle their differences failing Vacuo turned to Atlas. They were happy to lend aid, sending their military forces to reinforce the already growing frontline between Vale's and Vacuo's borders. Despite this Vale kept only a defensive posture only in a hope to not anger them. Conscription was reinstated. June 17th, the Warrior King died. With his death sent all of Vale into mourning.

This opportunity gave Atlas and Vacuo to do what was planned all along. While Vale was still in shock they attacked across the entire border overrunning the defenses, encircling and destroying them. Key positions were also targeted such as airports, infrastructure, etc...

With Vale forces falling back to their fallback line elsewhere the citizens were hoping that Mistral would come to their aid. Though two days later the ambassador hands in a formal declaration of war to Vale's foreign minister before returning to the city of Mistral.

Y/N: (lays head on table)

Nora: I think you broke him.

Summer: Yes, he takes these games really seriously.

The two stopped talking as they heard from you what sounded like muffled laughs.

Y/N: You think you can change your from of government to side with Atlas?

Summer: Yes.

Y/N: Sorry my Rose. Look at the event you received.

Summer: (face turns pale) My country is in a civil war?!

Y/N: The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies but those you thought were friends.

Summer: But how?

Y/N: A year prior an agent left their suitcase
in a bullhead. My intelligence agency in turn created a network and slowly began building up a network. Despite my kingdom in no way would do such a thing out of fear there was a few individuals willing to do so.

Despite this you knew things were not going to be well for what is to come.

Inside an office overlooking a map in Vale's Supreme Headquarters General Aryl Turner contemplated the dire situation in a log.

Aryl: This is General Turner, commander of all Vale forces in Central Vale. Log 256. Two  years. Two long years. That's how long it took us to take back Vale. Setback after setback... loss after loss... made what was suppose to be
a quick win... To show the people of Vale that this wasn't over turned into two bloody years of hell.