1. The Beginning

The world became a superhuman society with about 80% of the population possessing some uncanny ability. Our streets looked like scenes from comic books. A city swirled with chaos and confusion, a new profession dominated our collective consciousness. It was an age of heroes.

____________________________ 3rd POV (AGE 4) 

Today was a special day for the whole of the Yagi family(Inko, Toshinori, Izuku, and Izumi). They were going to the quirk doctor to test and see what their children's quirks would end up being. The family had just finished checking in at the front desk for the appointment. While the parents sat and were waiting for them to be called, Izuku and Izumi went to play with the kids. While they were playing Izuku saw two girls in the corner of the room and went to introduce himself. 

“I’m Izuku Yagi, it's nice to meet you,” He said.

“O-oh hello I’m Itsuka Kendo,” The first one introduced herself.

“I-I’m Ibara Shiozaki i-it’s nice to meet you,” The second one introduced herself.

“Can I play with you guys,” Izuku said while smiling at them. His bright smiling face made both of them feel safe and they happily nodded their heads. The kids played for a few minutes until both Ibara’s and Itsuka's names were called and they had to leave. It didn’t take long after they left for Izuku and Izumi to be called to head back for their tests.

TIME SKIP TO AFTER TESTS

The doctor entered the examination room where the family was waiting to be given the results of the tests the kids underwent. When the doctor entered the room he had a conflicted look on his face and sat before the Yagis before letting out a sad sigh.

"I have some good news and some bad news," The doctor said. 

"What's the good news," Inko asks, trying to soften the blow bad news may bring. 

"Well, your daughter here has a stronger version of your telepathy and with proper training. One day she may be able to lift entire buildings or even entire neighborhoods. Congratulations, you’ll be a great hero someday." The doctor says while smiling at Izumi who starts bouncing around in joy and happiness. 

"What's the bad news then," asked Toshi, who wasn’t really paying attention as he was just so proud of his daughter. 

"Your son here is quirkless and from the looks of his x-rays I doubt he'll develop one," the doctor said, shaking his head sadly. Inko felt bad for her son since his only dream has always been to become a hero. Toshi on the other hand just ignored him and started to praise Izumi more. After finding out he was quirkless Izuku's world started to crumble around him. 

It was the next day and Izuku and Izumi arrived at their school and Izuku walked off to be alone in the corner. Izumi rushed over to her friends to talk about her and Izuku’s quirks. 

“Hey guys,” Izumi said while walking up to the Bakugo twins.

“What's with Izu-kun, why is he over there alone,” Katsumi asked, looking concerned for him. 

“He’s been like that since he found out he was quirkless yesterday, I’m scared that he might still want to be a hero and get hurt,” Izumi said, sounding sad. 

“Oh no I don’t want something to happen to him,” said Katsumi, even more concerned about Izuku. Katsuki had been quiet the entire time they were talking and he was angry that Izuku broke his promise about being heroes together. Then an idea hit him and he had a wicked grin on his face.

“I have an idea, why don’t we use our quirks to show Izuku how dangerous being a hero without a quirk is,” Katsuki said, trying not to sound too excited about it.