2. Disappearing

LAST TIME

No matter how hard he struggled he couldn't break free and was starting to lose consciousness. Before passing out he heard an unmistakable voice shouting
"NEVER FEAR FOR I AM HERE". Then all he saw was darkness.

_____________________________

NOW

Izuku woke up not knowing how long he was unconscious, to realize he was being repeatedly smacked across the face by a very large hand. Lurking over him was a large man that when his vision cleared up, he saw his idol All-Might the number one hero and the one and only 'Symbol of Peace. Izuku scrambled to get on his feet, bowing and thanking All Might repeatedly. Izuku managed to find out that All Might gave him an autograph while he was unconscious in his notebook. As All Might was turning around to leave, Izuku had to stop and ask him something very important.

"All might wait, I need to know if I can still be a hero even without a quirk," Izuku asked, his words grasping for the last rays of hope he held to his dream.

"No, a quirkless person can never be a hero, it is too dangerous, you'll only ever be a liability in battle, You’ll only get yourself and others killed," All Might said. With those words All Might uttered, what little hope Izuku had left started to shatter. Izuku was slowly making his way to his home. On the way home he saw Izumi with All Might. Izuku decided to listen in on their conversation and see what was going on.

"Young Izumi Yagi, I have deemed you worthy to inherit my quirk," All Might said, while smiling brightly.

"What do you mean to inherit your quirk?" Izumi asked, confused. Just then with a spiff of smoke, All Might shrank and turned into their father Toshinori Yagi. He then went on to explain his power and how he came to look like he did now.

"If you can pass your quirk onto others, why not give it to Izuku. I already have a powerful quirk and Izuku doesn’t have one at all," Izumi questioned, her father confused.

"Izuku doesn't have what it takes to be a hero, he is weak and lacks the heart of one," Toshi responded. Those words Izuku heard leave his fathers mouth, broke him, and shattered his heart. His idol was his father and he never believed in him and now he finds out he could have given him a quirk, the one thing he wished for everyday, that would stop all of his torment. Izuku was devastated and then Katsuki's words came to the front of his mind 'If you want a quirk so bad why don’t you take a swan dive off a roof and pray for one in your next life’.
Izuku at that moment decided he'd go through with it. He made his way up to a nearby rooftop and wrote a letter to his mother, Itsu, and Iba apologizing for hurting them. He just couldn't take it anymore; he was so fed up with this corrupt and unfair world. He crossed over the safety bar and was preparing to jump off when he was interrupted by a large burly man in military attire.
“What are you Doing? What could have driven you to this point boy?” The man asked him.
“Do you actually care or are you just pretending to care?” Izuku asked back, still crying.
“If I didn’t care or wasn’t curious I wouldn’t have wasted my time to come ask you anything. Why don’t you just talk to me? It always helps to tell your problems to someone else” The man replied while helping Izuku back over the safety rails.
“Fine I’ll tell you it’s not like it matters anyway,” Izuku replied and then started telling the man his life story.

TIMESKIP TO AFTER EXPLANATION

"Hmm, if you want power I can definitely give you it, all you have to do is come with me, and you can help make the world a better place," The man said, while holding his hand out to the young boy.

"If I do come with you, I can write letters to my mom and my two best friends?" Izuku asked while hesitating to grab his hand.

"That's completely fine with me, but you cannot tell them where we're going or what you'll be doing," The still unnamed man stated.

"What do I call you sir?" Izuku asked, confused.

"My name is Cobra," the now dubbed Cobra said. They then both proceeded to a nearby parking lot. That towards the back of it was a black military SUV waiting to take them to Corba’s base.

SMALL TIMESKIP

It has been exactly one week since Izuku Yagi had disappeared and Inko along with the two girls have just received their first set of letters from him. In the letter, Izuku had explained that he joined the military to get the power and training he needed to accomplish his dream of being a hero. This came about after his former idol had crushed his dreams. They cried that they wouldn't be able to see Izuku for who knows how long, but he also promised to write and call whenever he could. It made them feel slightly better but they still felt empty without him around. They just hope he is happy with the life he chose. All they can do is support him and hope to see him again.

WITH IZUKU

Izuku had started to undergo rigorous military training under the guidance of Cobra, who he found out is the commander of a secret military unit. He was told that he will be trained until he is 14 where he'll undergo an experimental super soldier procedure that would enhance him on a genetic level to make him a better human and give him superhuman strength. There is also a small chance that Izuku could develop a quirk as a side effect from the procedure. Izuku has put his all into his training doing everything he can to get stronger and ensure his success.

TIMESKIP 3 YEARS (IZUKU AGE 10)

The last three years have been a bit of a living hell for Izuku. He changed his last name from Yagi to his mother's maiden name Midoriya. He has grown to be 5 '5 and has developed some bulky muscles making him look like a short hardened soldier with his hair cut to a typical military-style. He has trained every day from dawn to dusk. He has become an expert in marksmanship using pistols, assault rifles, sniper rifles, and light machine guns. Izuku has been trained on every weapon imaginable; he even has qualified with a grenade launcher. The military also taught him how to drive and fly and got him every license he’d need, so that he can drive and carry his weapons anywhere in the country and couldn't get into trouble for it.

Izuku had been doing so well that they had decided to let him go into the field to get him to put his training into use and improve his skills. Cobra had decided that they would only be minor ones with plenty of backup to ensure that Izuku wouldn't perish before he was ready to undergo the procedure. This is exciting news to Izuku as this is a sign of him being one step closer to his goals.

TIME SKIP 2 YEARS (IZUKU AGE 12)

In the past two years, Izuku made it a point to call or video chat with Itsu and Iba whenever he could, He also continued to stay in contact with his mom seeing as she was the only one he considered as family. They exchanged pictures of each other so he can carry them with him always like a good luck charm, and to remind him what he's fighting for. He had his locker decorated with pictures of his mom and the two girls. Itsu and Iba greatly appreciated the pictures he would send them because they truly missed seeing their cinnamon roll, not that he looked cute anymore he was handsome in their eyes. The contact with his mother and the girls he loves made him even more motivated.

TO BE CONTINUED.....