Chapter 2, The Bedstain [Remastered]

"Gasp Ughhhh. Shot in both arms and legs... and Nomu! We have to go back for him! Kurogiri! Rally all the remaining members of the League of Villains. We have to save Nomu!" pleaded Shigaraki as he coughs up blood from his internal bleeding.

Kurogiri replied: "Tomura... It's just us!" "We're the only members left!" "Everyone else was captured at the USJ!" "We can't save him Shigaraki..."

"Kurogiri. You're fucking dead in my eyes. This is all your fault! I HATE YOU!!!" roared Shigaraki.

Shigaraki was at a loss for words. In the span of a single school day, his archnemesis All Might took away his greatest love Nomu by whooping him to space and got everyone else arrested. Because the League of Villains doesn't have a "Recovery Girl" of their own, Shigaraki had to wear several casts that made him resemble an angry mummy. Kurogiri, the one who Shigaraki blames for this whole ordeal, tried his best to help but his very presence gave Shigaraki PTSD about what happened at USJ. Even worse, Kurogiri's moist mist ended up mixing with Shigaraki's wounds and gave him an infection and confined him to his bed.

Shigaraki was serious when he said he wanted to put Kurogiri up for adoption, and Kurogiri knew it. In order to keep Shigaraki from secretly filling out adoption papers in the dead of night, Kurogiri needed a villainous scheme of his own, a babysitter! Recently, the media has been enamored by the plight of a serial killer by the name of Stain. This Stain was so ugly that he would give Shigaraki nightmares for the rest of his life and keep him in check. Plus they really needed new members and Stain would make for a good third member.

Kurogiri needed this man; he was the hero killer! But in today's economy, getting a job interview as a villain is exceptionally difficult. Placing job posters wouldn't work since those pesky heroes outlawed inciting others to commit crimes (blatant tyranny). So Kurogiri needed to attract Stain to their hideout without drawing the attention of the heroes. Kurogiri solved this by placing a trail of hero plushies that led to their humble bar. There was a nasty incident when a winged kid stole all the plushies so Kurogiri had to hunt him down like a dog and sentenced him to "nomufication" as punishment for his crimes. It worked like a charm, Stain saw all those plushies and was irresistibly allured by his insatiable thirst for hero blood. He made it over to their bar and Kurogiri was there to interview him.

"Welcome Bedstain. To the League of Villains!" announced Kurogiri.

"League of Villains? There's only one villain here." hissed Stain, who was unhappy after being compared to a stain on the bed.

"Shigaraki makes two. He's just preoccupied at the moment. He'll be fine." replied Kurogiri.

Stain, despite not having any prior experience as a babysitter, was hired as a member of the League of Villains. However, Shigaraki made a miraculous recovery and discovered just how repulsive his new babysitter is.

"No... No. No! NO!!! Kurogiri, your sense of judgement is as defective as usual." spat Shigaraki, who still hasn't forgiven Kurogiri fully for his crimes against him, "The man can't be a member of the League of Villains. He's too ugly! Who did you hire, medusa? I'll bet my life savings (¥112.00) that his quirk is called petrification."

Shigaraki proceeded to lose his entire life savings after it turns out that Stain's quirk isn't called petrification (it's called bloodcurdle). Kurogiri then strapped Shigaraki down with flex tape while he was sleeping. He placed Stain in charge of night patrol to add a further layer of security preventing Shigaraki from filing out the adoption papers hidden under Kurogiri's bed. Shigaraki couldn't decay the flex tape with his hands, since the power of flex tape is immune to his decay quirk. With great reluctance, he was forced to decay his bed beneath him under gritted teeth. Shigaraki vowed to make Kurogiri pay with the money Shigaraki would make after selling him on eBay. However, Stain was on the prowl so Shigaraki had to be sneaky. He tried ambushing Stain from behind, but Stain went full ultra instinct mode and drop-kicked Shigaraki so hard that he got petrified by Stain's bloodcurdle quirk.