3. Mehandi ThS (First-Olive Green)

In the eve of her henna ceremony, Khushi comes to know about the demand of a Mercedes from the family of her bride-groom, making her devastated.

Her worry soon gets forgotten when she ends up sleeping with a total stranger Arnav.

._._._.

The Gomti Sadan, itself decorated as bride, was now full of guests

The Gomti Sadan, itself decorated as bride, was now full of guests. Running kids, busy in their games; giggling girls, teasing boys; women, some making gossips, some making faces while some trying to show off their own accessories and men discussing the upcoming Parliament election.

Amid all this chaos there was our bride Khushi, tired of all the rituals since early morning, but still surrounded by relatives and friends.

"Look Anjali, what a dark color her Mehandi has got!" Madhumati Buaji showed her henna to her cousin sister, while Khushi rolled her eyes on the excitement.

Well it was all a myth for her. The love, this marriage, the rituals. Despite being a highly educated and civilized girl, she had to wait till 30 years of age to get a proper proposal. 'Because my father didn't have enough money to buy a good groom for me!' She thought grudgingly.

"Seems her husband will love her a lot!" Another mid-age lady teased, while Khushi tried to withdraw hand from her grip. Faking to be blushing, she excused herself to go towards her room.

"She got shied!" They all laughed, while she could still hear them talking.

"I am happy that finally she is getting married in a decent family. I have been so worried when everyone was rejecting her!" Manorama Mami said in a fake worry

'Reject? My foot!' She hmphed.

If it wasn't for her younger sister Payal, who was still to get married after her, she would have never agreed to this trade off. But the insistence of her parents and the pressure from society had worsened her worry.

As she passed by her parents' room she heard the angry voice of her mother.

"How could they do it Shashiji?" Garima was holding her head, "Wasn't it all decided at the time of engagement?"

'At the time of engagement?' Khushi frowned as she put her ear more close to the door. 'Are they talking about the dowry?' She thought.

Khushi Kumari Gupta, the eldest daughter of Shashi and Garima Gupta, was a postgraduate in Banking & Finance and now working as आहे Manager in a local Branch of a reputed Bank.

But in our society, marriages aren't based on degrees, it is framed on the filthiest system of dowries. Then it doesn't matter, whether bride is the daughter of a poor farmer or the princess of a royal empire.