𝐭𝐞𝐧. 𝑎 𝑔𝑙𝑖𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑖𝑙𝑣𝑒𝑟. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫

Word count: 3597

"𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐈'𝐌 𝐒𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆, Queen Elizabeth, is that science . . . sucks." 

Klaus blew a (very wet) raspberry as he threw his science textbook towards the bed behind him. The book bounced off of the mattress and landed on the ground with a loud thud, causing the three of them to wince. 

"Whoops." He shrugged. "Anyway, we shouldn't do it. Case closed. Does anyone want to go outside and slash Dad's tires for fun?"

"Klaus, could you please shut up for one second? I want to study, and you're talking way too freakin' much!" Ben said with exasperation. He suddenly realized what he had said, raising his hand to his mouth as he stared at Klaus with a horrified expression, and whispered, "Look what you've made me say."

"Oh, come on, boys. Studying isn't all that bad," Elizabeth chuckled as she pulled her book closer to her. She flipped to the proper page as she raised her eyebrows. "Science is cool! It's fun to study science!"

"Easy for you to say, you already know everything," Klaus pointed out with a pout before he stuck his tongue out at her.

"I mean, I have to read it all first," Elizabeth mumbled to herself before shaking her head. "Anyway, Klaus, grab your broken book and turn it to page two hundred and seventy-seven."

"It's not broken," Klaus protested as he picked up the worn book from the ground. He took a good look at the spine that was nearly unattached and the hundreds of stained pages that had tears at the edges. "Just . . . really used. And, God, we're almost in the three hundreds?"

"I mean, it's already August," Elizabeth replied with a shrug. "So, let's start. This chapter begins with the evolution of—"

"I mean . . . ," Klaus said as he raised his eyebrows, "do we need to know about evolution? We're here! We've evolved! Great! Done!"

"Klaus, just let her talk!" Ben groaned, leaning over and hitting the other boy on the arm. "We have a test at the end of the week!"

"Exactly! We have the whole week!" Klaus argued back. "That means we can relax and chill right now, and just stress over it the night before!"

"That's what we did last time, and you got a forty-six percent!" 

"Well, you shouldn't have—"

"Boys, just shut up and listen!" Elizabeth cut in, sending Klaus a glare that made him immediately shut his mouth. "So, as I was saying before, the chapter begins with the evolution of—"

Suddenly, the blare of the alarm went off, the red light visible through the cracks of Klaus's door—there was an emergency.

She shut her book with a groan. "Dammit."

"Hell yes! No biology!" Klaus cheered as he jumped to his feet and threw the textbook onto his bed—successfully this time.

"We're continuing this afterwards," Elizabeth warned, receiving a playful shake of the head from the boy and a nod from Ben.

She then sprinted out of the room, nearly knocking into Vanya as she headed towards the third floor.

"Ah!" Elizabeth gave a small gasp as she grabbed onto Vanya's arms and steadied her. "Sorry! I was just—are you okay?"

"I'm all good," Vanya reassured her with a smile. "Good luck!"

"Thanks! I'll be at your door right after," Elizabeth promised with a grin before picking her speed back up and continuing her journey.