𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑡𝑖𝑡𝑙𝑒

Word count: 3562

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘, Elizabeth woke up feeling rather empty. And, also, extremely confused.

Where had Five gone? Had he been kidnapped? Was he okay? Was this part of the plan? Why didn't he tell her? Was he going to come back?

However, she didn't have much time to think of an answer to these questions as a knock came on her door.

"Come in," she called out, yawning as she shrugged her blazer on.

The door creaked open to reveal Luther, who looked rather tired. "Hey."

"Hi," she greeted. "What's up?"

"I've been thinking." He came in, sitting down on her bed. "With Five being gone, and us not knowing where he is . . . We should tell the others."

"About the apocalypse?" Elizabeth raised her eyebrows as she sat down next to him. She got a nod of confirmation, and continued, "I don't know, Luther . . . Five didn't want us to tell anyone. He was really adamant about it."

"Yeah. But here we are, with no Five, no idea who causes the apocalypse, and no plan as to stop it." Luther frowned as he gave a small shrug. "I think there's only one option left."

Elizabeth thought about it for a moment, her eyes flickering from object to object in her room as the thoughts mulled over in her head. 

After a few moments, she nodded. "All right. You go get Alli and Klaus, and I'll get Diego. Tell them to meet in the living room."

Luther nodded, getting up from his spot and immediately going to carry out his mission.

Elizabeth quickly grabbed her hairbrush from her dresser, brushed her hair until it was tangle-free and straight, and made her way down to the second floor.

Diego's room door was already open, so she didn't even bother knocking before walking in to see Diego lazily playing with one of his knives as he sat on the bed. He had been shot in the arm the day before, and now had the injured arm in a sling in order to help him heal.

He seemed to hear the approaching footsteps and looked up to watch as she entered his room. His eyebrows raised. "Come to say good morning for once?"

"No," Elizabeth sighed as she sat down next to him, "there's an emergency family meeting."

"Now?"

"No, next Thursday, at five past two," she deadpanned as she rolled her eyes. "Yes, now."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why? Did something happen?"

"No. Well, yes. Well, no. Well . . . Just . . . Let's go." She beckoned for him to follow her as she made her way down to the living room.

The others were already in the living room by the time they had gotten there, and Allison handed both of them a to-go cup of coffee from a nearby cafe.

𝑊𝑒𝑑𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑑𝑎𝑦. 8:15 𝑎𝑚.

"So?" Allison questioned as she handed Klaus, who was sitting on the floor, his cup. "What's going on?"

Elizabeth exchanged a sigh with Luther as she sat down on one of the couches, sitting next to Diego. Seeing all eyes on her as they waited for an answer, she told them, "The world's ending in three days."

"Three days?" Allison repeated incredulously as she gave Luther his coffee.

"That's what Five said." Luther nodded.