𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠. 𝐰𝐚𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐢𝐛𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐬

Word count: 2382

𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 only a few hours later, her body exhausted but her mind wide awake. 

She glanced over at her clock to see that it was a couple of minutes past seven, and she frowned at the fact that she couldn't get any more sleep. 

Yawning, she slowly sat herself up, feeling herself growing more and more awake as the faint sunlight attempted to stream through her translucent curtains.

After stretching her arms, she got out of bed, and neatly pulled the covers over the mattress. Once the soft covers were nicely placed, she shuffled over to her dresser and opened it, soon taking out a hanger that held one of the many identical uniforms she owned.

After making sure that her door was locked and her curtains were still blocking the view from outside the window, she changed into her uniform and put her pyjamas on the dresser. She suddenly paused, her hands paused as she latched a watch around her left wrist.

Had she really kissed Five in the early morning? Or was that a dream?

It was real, she soon realized with wide eyes. Something she'd been waiting to do for years—something she had almost done a couple of days before—had finally happened, much to her surprise.

Butterflies burst into her stomach from the mere thought of him saying 'I love you,' and she could barely wait to hear him say it again.

With a small smile on her face, Elizabeth went into the bathroom and quickly got ready.

Once she was done, she went back into her room to find a grinning seventeen-year-old boy waiting for her while laying on her bed.

"Hey, beautiful," he greeted.

"Hey." She smiled as she sat down next to him as he sat himself up. "Why are you ruining the bed I just made?"

His grin turned into a frown as he looked down at the blanket and scoffed, "I'm not."

"You are," she insisted.

"Okay, I am." Five shrugged carelessly as he patted the blanket around him in an attempt to fix it (which only ended up making it worst). "I was waiting for you."

"I assumed," she giggled as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She looked over towards the clock on the wall to see that it was only twenty past seven—there was still ten minutes until breakfast. "What's up? You normally come into my room, like, a minute before breakfast."

"Hm, times aren't really normal right now," Five responded, a small smirk growing onto his face.

"Oh?" she asked innocently, tilting her head to the side. "How so?"

"Well, for starters . . ."

Five leaned towards her and gently placed his lips on hers. He set his hands on her hips and brought her closer to him so that there was almost no space in between their bodies.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as they kissed, feeling his hands slowly inch their way up to her waist.

He pulled away for a moment so that he could take a breath, but quickly returned to her lips, more passionate than before.

After a few more moments of this, they broke apart, their foreheads still touching as they kept their faces hovering inches away from each other.

His green eyes were affectionately gazing into her brown ones as she murmured, "Yeah, I'd say that isn't normal for us."