𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑛

Word count: 4559

𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 her father as soon as breakfast finished the next morning, following through on her promise from the early morning.

"Do you have something to ask, Number Eight?" Reginald questioned with a raised eyebrow as she approached.

"Yes, I was, um, wondering if we could perhaps have . . . some sort of dance lesson?" she asked, a little anxious. "It would be good for improving our coordination, stamina, flexibility, and agility."

Reginald processed the idea, watching her through his monocle as he pressed his thin lips together. He gave a curt nod.

"I suppose a few lessons in ballroom dancing would be beneficial. I will discuss this with your mother. Now, go prepare for training."

And so Elizabeth went to training, eagerly telling everyone about the confirmation. 

Most of them were excited, although Luther and Five still looked a little reluctant. Nonetheless, the group couldn't wait for the lesson, although they had no clue when it was to take place.

Their wait was ended quite early on, as their mother told them to not grab their books after lunch and to remain in the dining hall. 

Grace then brought them to a large, empty room in the training complex, and began the lesson.

"Today, children, instead of working on science, we will be learning how to ballroom dance!" She smiled endearingly at the students as she continued, "Now, we will be doing this step-by-step, so I will be dividing you into partners."

Elizabeth internally groaned. If she was paired with Five, she would simply pass away.

"Let's see . . ." Grace placed her hands on her hips, her lips still pressed into a smile as she shifted her gaze from face to face. "Ben, you will go with Vanya."

The two of them gave mute nods.

"Thank God," Diego murmured, putting a hand on his chest as he let out a small sigh of relief. "I was worried that I'd get paired with her."

Elizabeth stepped on his foot.

"Luther," Grace continued, "with Allison."

Elizabeth did a small fist bump in the air, behind her back so no one could see, and looked over to see as Allison and Luther exchanged nervous smiles. Their cheeks were already beginning to colour a deep shade of red.

"Five, with Elizabeth."

"I'll kill you if you step on me," Five muttered to her.

"See, now, I'm just gonna step on you on purpose," she whispered back with a grin, now feeling butterflies enter her stomach at the idea of dancing with him.

"And, finally, Diego, with Klaus."

"You've got to be kidding me," Diego muttered under his breath as he rubbed his eyes, casting a wary look towards Klaus, who clapped his hands together in delight.

"Karma," Elizabeth whispered, receiving a scowl in return.

"Now, get with your partner, and choose a space in the room," Grace instructed as she walked to the middle of the room. 

The teams separated into different spots, Five and Elizabeth taking the far corner that was opposite the door.

Once everyone was settled, Grace started, "Okay, now, children. Boys and Diego, start by holding your partner's right hand in your left. Place your right arm on your partner's waist, and make sure that your partner's left hand is resting on your right arm and shoulder."