𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. 𝑠𝑢𝑝𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟. 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭

Word count: 3988

"𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐀," 𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐃 out. She closed her eyes in frustration as she let out a loud groan and scrunched a fistful of her dress. "Luther, that dumb son of a bitch, I told him to let her go."

"We have to go." Five immediately got up, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the door. "Now."

They quickly exited the attic, feeling the ground shake once more as another explosion went off. The walls and pillars were beginning to crumble, cracks edging along the stone as dust flew through the air.

"Elizabeth!" Diego's voice sounded as though he was yelling from across the floor—which he probably was. "Elizabeth!"

She pulled Five's hand in the direction of Diego's voice, the two of them sprinting across the floor to meet Diego and Klaus.

"Oh, Elizabeth," Diego breathed out, immediately embracing her tightly as he gave a small sigh of relief. "We have to—we have to find Mom."

She nodded quickly before turning to the other two and demanding, "Five, Klaus, get outside. We'll meet you there in a minute."

Five's expression immediately showed that he was against the idea as he shook his head and exclaimed, "What? No! I'm no—"

"Go, Five!"

Clenching his jaw, Five slapped Klaus's arm, and the two of them ran down the stairs. Elizabeth turned to Diego, nodding, and the two of them headed towards their mother's charging station. However, the chairs were empty.

"Mom!" Diego shouted just as another explosion went off, causing the ground to shake violently and more dust to float down. "Where is she?"

"Mom!" Elizabeth yelled as she and Diego ran through the halls, though they only heard the sound of falling debris and cracking stone in return.

"Mom!"

Another explosion sounded, and the ceiling above them began to collapse. The first chunk of the ceiling hit Diego, knocking him to the ground. 

Too late to move, Elizabeth was hit by another in the back of the head, immediately knocking her out.

She and Diego were then pulled out of the way just as the entire block of the ceiling collapsed onto where they had just been. 

Groaning, the two of them got up to see that Klaus had saved them, his eyes wide as he watched them clamber to their feet.

"I thought I told you to leave." Elizabeth groaned in pain as she brushed the dust off of her uniform.

"I didn't, and good thing too. Come on, come on." Klaus nodded quickly as they began to run down the hall again. "Let's go!"

They went into Five's room and jumped through the window, then quickly heading down the stairs of the fire escape. Elizabeth rubbed the back of her head as she did so; she now had the worst headache.

"You guys okay?" Klaus asked the two breathlessly once they had reached the ground. "You okay?"

"Hey, you just saved our lives, man." Diego grinned, pulling Klaus in for a tight hug.

"Shit." Elizabeth's eyes widened as she looked up towards the crumbling building in front of her. There, in the second-floor window, stood Grace, who was looking down at them with a teary smile. "Mom. Mom!"

The other two took notice of what she was yelling at and began shouting as well.

"Mom! Get out of there, now!"