1. Infant

The sun was shining like always but there sat Nandini with a new hope even though there was no hope. Her father always encouraged her never to lose hope and try till the end.

    With the resume and her certificates in her hand, she tried to think positive but always the negative thought of not eligible for the job made the positivity in her burst like a balloon. 

    Will she get the job?

    Once she felt like just returning from the gate she came to the Mansion but till her father's operation, she needed the money and her savings were not enough to fill her and her father's stomach.

   "Nandini. Murthy!" 

   Someone shouted from far which made her come back to earth.

   She dusted her clothes to get rid of imaginary wrinkles. She wiped her clammy hands to her long dark blue skirt which was paired with a pink top with a dark blue scarf.

 She wiped her clammy hands to her long dark blue skirt which was paired with a pink top with a dark blue scarf

   She walked to the meeting room where she was called for the interview. It was not an office like a strictly professional meeting room. It had a bed and the baby was lying screaming and wailing.

   Nandini felt a tug in her heart hearing the cries. She so wanted to go and pacify the baby but she knew she had to control her emotions.

   There stood two women, one who was trying to pacify and others who sat on the chair. She recognized the woman as Nyonika. Malhotra. Who wouldn't recognize the self-made woman? 

   Nyonika. Malhotra was a shrewd, smart and arrogant businesswoman. Nandini's role model from the time she started reading her success stories. Even though being a mother of a 28-year-old guy she looked no older than 35.

    With an iris black eye, long black eyelashes, clad in a peach colour saree with fair skin she looked like a runway model.

Nandini: Good morning mam

   Nyonika gave a once over look at Nandini. Nandini licked her dry lips feeling more conscious than ever. She hated it when people gave her this look but this was her role model and she couldn't say anything or imagine hating her.