Chapter Three

"Christine!" Stevie Nicks squealed as she leapt into Christine's arms. She was a whirlwind of blonde hair, cheeky smiles, and a presence so powerful it left Christine momentarily breathless. "Oh my God!"

"Hi, Stevie," Christine replied weakly as she grasped Stevie's back.

Stevie held Christine's hand as she pulled back to sweep her gaze over her form. "Wow, you look gorgeous, hon."

"So do you, darling." Christine smiled. Stevie wore her usual 'stage ready' outfit: a black leather jacket over a loose black blouse paired with ruched black pants and her signature platform boots. A pair of half-tinted aviator sunglasses were perched on top of her glossy blonde locks. "I swear you never age."

Stevie beamed and drew Christine in for another hug, taking a moment to give her a soft squeeze that was long overdue. Christine looked over the top of Stevie's head to see Lindsey Buckingham eyeing them warily. Christine quickly let go of Stevie, suddenly feeling like she had overstepped an unspoken line of propriety between the three of them. Lindsey casually stepped closer to the two women, and Stevie shot him a beatific smile in return. With that exchange, Christine didn't need any more inferences that Lindsey and Stevie had resumed the 'on again' aspect of their tumultuous relationship.

She suddenly felt the need to make Lindsey feel as non-threatened as possible. With a warm smile, Christine slung an arm around his shoulder and kissed his cheek.

"Hey Linds, it's great seeing you," she said as she rubbed his shoulder, a gesture she knew would calm him. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good," Lindsey answered in his soft-spoken voice. "Stevie's right, you look fantastic." He grinned at her, his demeanour relaxed by his sisterly touch, and Christine was pleased to see his smile reach his eyes.

"Thanks."

The band and Christine had agreed to meet at Locanda Portofino, a homey Northern & Southern Italian fusion restaurant in Santa Monica that was highly recommended by Stevie. The eager maître d ushered them all inside and they were led to their secluded table.

"Here, Stevie," Lindsey said, pulling out a chair for her and promptly sitting in the one next to it. Christine smirked to herself and took the seat opposite them beside John and Mick.

With the efficiency dedicated to 'Big Deal' customers like Fleetwood Mac, a waitress materialised to place a set of menus in front of them. They quickly perused the drinks and collectively ordered bottles of Perrier.

"Nice to see we're all still on the sober wagon," Christine noted amusedly.

Lindsey shrugged and gave Stevie a sideways, steely look. "Stevie still smokes pot."

"Only when I write and nothing crazy," Stevie said and rolled her eyes before smiling at Christine. "Anyway, tell us about your performance in Maui, Chris. I heard you were incredible."

"I guess the beans have been spilt." Christine gave John and Mick a mock disparaging look.

"They should know about it!" John said.

Christine blushed. "I truly had the best time. I was nervous at first, but when I started playing, it was like getting back on a bike after not riding for ages. It made me realise how much I missed my keys and playing music in general."

"She was fucking great." Mick smiled at Christine proudly.

Stevie reached out to squeeze Christine's hand. "I wish I was there, seriously. Next time you perform, I'm gonna be there. "