Chapter 1

Standing in the rain on the coldest day of the year in a queue that went on for miles really isn't a 17 year olds idea of a weekend. But, the fact I was supporting my brother who was auditioning for the xfactor was what kept me happy. My brother, Kyle, who is a year older than me, always had a talent for singing, unlike me who is tone deaf. We had always been very close, and told each other almost everything, which is why he asked me to come with him. We shivered as we stood in the line that never seemed to move and I could tell by Kyle's actions that he was getting nervous. After what seemed like forever we got inside.

"I'll be right back just going to get some water" I said to kyle beginning to walk away. He nodded and I left. I finally reached a vending machine which had water left and put my money in. I took the bottle and turned quickly bumping into someone. I looked up and smiled to hide my embarrassment. "sorry" I said and he returned the smile.

"Don't worry, its fine" then I notice the two boys standing either side of him. "I'm JJ by the way" he said "and this is Jaymi and Josh" he said referring to the other two boys. "I'm Christina, but you can call me Chrissy" I replied still blushing slightly. "so you auditioning?"he asked. I shook my head "no my brother is, just here for support. I guess you are" I answered. "Yeah, but I regret entering now" Josh said. "really why?" "it's just the waiting and then not knowing if it was a waste of time or not, it's all just a bit nerve wrecking." "you'll be fine, I bet your amazing" I smiled. "hmm, guys come on we better go" Jaymi said "we need to do some practice" "and leave this beauty here?" JJ smirked, making me blush. "We'll see her again, anyway we can just give her out numbers" Jaymi replied. "Fine, here" he sighed handing me a piece of paper with their numbers. I smiled and took it and returned a piece with my number. "Good luck" I said. "Same to your brother" They said together.

I walked quickly back in the direction of my brother. He had moved up further towards the top and was about five away from the front. "Well that took a while" "what did you get up to?" he asked suspiciously. "Just got lost looking for the vending machine" I replied thinking it was best not to mention Jaymi, JJ and Josh. "Hmmm" he gave a suspisious look.

After about half an hour we had reached the top. Kyle got ready to go on stage and I hugged him and wished him luck. As always he smashed it and got 4 yeses. I was nearly more over joyed than he was. I was the only one he had told about him auditioning, he thought it was best not to tell our parents, because they'd tell the whole country. In a way I was glad I was the only one that knew. I got to go to see Kyle preform on stage for the first time, and knew what happened before anyone else.

"Come on, we better get home" Kyle said taking my water and finishing it. "Yeah" I agreed and we went to the car. The journey home was silent apart from us singing to a few songs on the radio. When we got home I noticed I had one unread message on my phone: 'Hi, just wanted to let you know we're through to boot camp, absolutely buzzing, how'd your brother do? JJ x'

I smiled as I read it before replying: 'Glad to hear, yeah Kyle also got through, which I'm so happy about x'

I just put my phone in my pocket before it beeped again: 'Guess that means we'll see more of each other so ;) x ' I read. He really was a flirtatious person. I didn't bother replying just fell straight asleep, all the waiting today really was tiring.

A/N

Hey, this is my first story on here, and it would be amazing if it got reads/votes/comments. This may not have been a great chapter, and its a bit short, but it will get better, I hope. And also it may seem like its a JJ Hamblett story, but its actually a George Shelley one, Sorry if I confused anyone. Thank you, Claire x

Ps. I know it's early but if you have any tips on writing please let me know in the comments, would like to improve at my writing so every little helps.