Hello

LIAM POV

I was skiing down the steep hill, a group of big tough guys with guns were shooting behind me, I swear I could feel the wind on my face, I dodged every bullet shot at me, I was quite badass. The guys were yelling at me "Liam! Liam!" they kept yelling at me, their voices sounded vaguely like my teacher's voice "Liam, Liam! What did I say?"

I snapped out of my daydream and woke up practically in a nightmare, my bio teacher was yelling at me for not paying attention "Liam, how many chambers are there in a cows stomach?" He asked me, I, of course didn't know the answer, so I took wild guess.

"Three?" I guessed, by the look I was getting from my teacher, I could tell my answer was wrong.

He looked at me sternly "could you please stay back after class, we need to talk" he said, the tone of his voice made me nervous of what this conversation could be about.

***

After the bell rang, everyone left, I tried to leave with the crowd but my teacher caught me "Liam" he said sternly, I slowly walked to his desk, dreading the conversation that was to come. "you're failing" he said those words so simply it was hard to believe they were even true "you're going to have to do an extra credit activity to keep up your average"

"But I'm already on the basketball team, isn't that enough?" it evidently wasn't

He looked at me over his glasses "you will be taking up and internship at the public library, there will be no argument, it starts today after school, do you understand?"

I hung my head down in shame "yes, mister Newman" I said almost robotically then proceeded to quickly walk out of the classroom

GISELLE'S POV

We got off the plane and took a taxi to our new house, mom made sure our new house was down the street from the local library, so I could visit there whenever I wanted.

All of our stuff was delivered to our new house and it was all set up, but I didn't really want to explore the new house, I really just didn't want to do anything right now. I was miserable. It had only been like five minutes since we got here, but I was already missing home, I laid on my bed and just thought.

*knock knock* the sound startled me and I quickly sat up to see my mom "Zellie, I think you should go on a walk, visit the library. You need to get a library card, and who knows? Maybe you'll make some new friends" I laughed softly

"I seriously doubt that, but I think a little fresh air might help right now" I put on my little yellow rain coat and matching boots, then grabbed my umbrella. So much for the sunshine state, it's been raining ever since we got here.

I opened my umbrella and walked to the library. I've never really understood umbrellas, even when I have them, I get soaked. Maybe I'm just not using it right... I closed my umbrella and walked in, this place was way bigger than the rusty McDonald, there were so many books here.

I went straight to the desk to get my library card. I stopped in my tracks when I saw who was working at the desk. Was that a teenage boy? We definitely didn't have any of those at the rusty McDonald. he was staring right at me, I could feel his eyes in my soul, it was like he was trying to learn who I was.

I slowly walked to the desk "uh, hi, I'm new in town and I'd like to get a library card" I said quietly.

He put an elbow on the desk "did you move here from Tennessee?" he asked in a flirtatious tone

I laughed under my breath "that was the cheesiest pick up line anyone has ever said to me" I said with a smirk. "but can we stop the cheese and get me a library card please"

"Oh, yeah. right, okay" he said, grabbing a blank card from the shelf "So, I'll need your name"

"Giselle Newman" I stated, he looked at me suspiciously "yes, my uncle teaches a bio class"

"Alright, then I'll need your number" he smirked, I reluctantly told him my cellphone number "so, ill need to give you a call later, you know, for confirmation." he winked and I have him a half smile

"Alright, you do that" I took my library card and walked out of the library.

Right when I got home, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, I picked it up without looking at it, a voice came from the other end "Looks like our phones somehow got switched and were gonna have to see each other again" the voice said coolly, I recognized the voice as the guy from the library.

"Yeah, I guess so"