Q&A

Hello to all you readers, thanks again for reading this book and for all your love and support. I hope you have loved Caspian's and Otto's journey as much as I have. Sorry but no sorry about the last two chapters.
I have a plan and you're just going to have to wait for it.

Now the question you really want answered.

Is there going to be a sequel? Will Otto and Caspian be reunited?

Yes. I am planning a book for Narnia; Voyage of the dawn treader.
Yes Otto will be involved.
And yes. Him and Caspian will be reunited.

That's all I'm giving you.

Will Otto and Peter be reunited?

If any of you have seen the third narnia movie or read the books, then you will know where Peter and Susan are at that point. They have gone to America with their parents while Edmund and Lucy are left with their aunt and uncle in London.
By the time Otto accidentally falls back into our world, they have already left.
So no. Unfortunately Otto and Peter don't see each other again until many years later in Aslan's kingdom.
When Edmund and Lucy see them again though I'm sure they explain everything.

What was your main inspiration for the story?

Well I was reading through random male oc fanfics and found a Narnia one with a male character. It only had like three chapters and had not been updated in over a year. I waited eagerly for a update and nothing happened so I thought, why not write my own?
So the idea of Otto was born. I took his name from a classmate of mine who had the hyphened surname Otto-Birch. It sounded so nice and I looked up the meaning of Otto and it just fit so well. It's German and it means wealth and prosperity which I think is great because Otto gains those as the story goes on. He has wealth of friendship and he literally becomes a king, so that fits.

I just wanted a story of a boy learning that he is appreciated and loved. He deserves it so much. Best boy. ♥️

How could you write such a ending? Do you not care for your reader's hearts?!

To be honest, as soon as I started this book I planned on having it end this way. I also planned on writing a book for Voyage of the Dawn treader. I do care for my readers, but yes I was planning on intentionally causing angst. Sorry not sorry.

When Otto made his choice to stay in narnia it was sudden, both for himself and for those around him. I sent him back to England so he could fully understand what he was giving up but also what he was gaining. In the next book I'm going to explore his and Caspian's relationship further and his choice between narnia and his homeworld.
When Caspian and Otto got together it was after overthrowing the king and reclaiming the kingdom. A lot of chaos and confusion. Caspian's uncle tried to kill him, all his family was dead or gone, he was a new king trying to gain control of the kingdom, not to mention the sudden mixing of narnian's and Telmarines. Not a happy place. Otto was also having to try and understand a whole new culture. Their relationship was lovely but doomed to fail in that environment.
Having Otto go back to England allows the both of them to learn and rethink each other.

All of this will be explained in more detail in the next book.

What is your favourite thing about your story?

Probably Otto's dynamics with the Pevensie children. I just loved exploring how it changed and grew during their time in narnia. It was so sweet and fun.

His position as Peter's best friend and main supporter, despite all the stuff Peter does. It allows Peter to see the responsibility of his actions and knocks into him the true burden of leadership. While also giving him a best pal to mess around with. That was fun as Peter is constantly the older sibling. Having Otto around showed his position as a teenage boy a bit more I think.

With Susan he's another person to sort of fuss over. Otto is another boy to keep an eye on but also someone who she can trust to look after her younger siblings. The two of them don't have much of a relationship as Otto has with the others, mostly because Susan prefers England over Narnia and for Otto it's the other way round.

For Edmund Otto is another annoying older brother. He's Peter's cool friend who Edmund looks up to a bit. Otto doesn't baby him and regularly jokes around with him. I'm interested in exploring the change in their dynamic in the next book.

Now I always feel like Lucy is actually a lot wiser than her siblings. She's the first to realise Otto and Caspian's attraction to each other and wholly accepts it. She always seems to see more than her siblings can, so it was really exciting to portray her and Otto's growing friendship. She becomes almost like his own little sister as both her and Otto have a deep love for magic and adventure. I loved writing her dynamic with Otto the most.

Why does Otto fight with a spear?

I planned on giving him a sword or a crossbow but then a saw the Game of thrones clip where the mountain fights the viper in season 1, ep 8. Even though the viper loses the fight, I really liked his ability with the spear and how he can keep the fight away from himself, while also inflicting huge damage on the enemy. The fluidity of the movements were so cool. (It's really violent but I recommend it).

Also I have had a tiny bit of experience fighting with a staff and have been trying to teach myself how to spin one. So I just really wanted my character to have a different weapon other than the standard sword. It makes Otto stand out a bit more on the battlefield.

When will the sequel be published?

Sequel is out now. Here is the cover. It is called lost boy and I hope you will enjoy it as much as you enjoyed this book.

 It is called lost boy and I hope you will enjoy it as much as you enjoyed this book

Thank you again for reading my book. I have loved reading your comments.
If you liked this then maybe check out my other works.

Thanks for all the support. Don't forget to vote or follow.