Chapter 5

They all stared in both awe and terror as the transparent figure looked up at the three of them. It smiled sadly at them and slowly took its hands off of the planchette. It raised it's a hand up before awkwardly waving at the three boys.

"Hello." It said, it's voice horse and appearing to break every so often

The three boys finally broke whatever trance that they were collectively stuck in, and they looked at each other, a bit confused. Phil looked back to the ghost and waved back.

"Hi, Wil." Phil said

Wil's face lit up immediately and his smile shifted into one that appeared more genuine.

"You said my name." He said just above a whisper

Phil smiled softly at the undead boy before looking back to the other two boys, who hadn't said anything since Wil had appeared.

"Well, say hello," Phil said to them

This appeared to snap them out of it, and Techno smiled slightly at the ghost.

"Hey, Wilbur-"

Wil visibly flinched at the sound of his full name "Just Wil is alright." He quietly said

Techno nodded "Alright Wil." Techno said, "Nice to meet you."

Wil smiled and nodded to Techno "And the same to you." He said

They sat there in the quiet for a bit, before both Phil and Techno looked to Tommy, who's eyes were stuck on the specter in front of him.

"Tommy, are you alright?" Phil asked

Tommy blinked his eyes a few times before he opened his mouth to speak.

"So your like, dead or some shit?" Tommy said

Wil looked at himself and stuck his hand through his own chest before looking back up at Tommy.

"I believe I am." He said with a small chuckle

Phil was the first one to laugh along with Wil, followed shortly by Tommy then finally Techno. Once they calmed down, Tommy sighed and looked over to Wil and smiled.

"So Wil, what's it like being dead mate?" Phil asked

Wil thought for a few seconds "Well, I don't really know how to describe it, but it's, freeing I guess." Wil said, "I don't have to worry about normal things like eating or sleeping."

"You guys sleep?" Techno said

Phil glared over at Techno while Tommy and Wil laughed at the statement.

"Techno, mate," Phil started "We've talked about this."

"Stop judging my insomnia, Phil," Techno whined

This only made Tommy and Wil laugh harder, Tommy rolling over from laughing so hard.