Chapter 1 - How it all began

Katara
The gaang and I were fighting the leaders of a recent terrorist group trying to get revenge on the fire nation. I was fighting the second in command Anuki, she was a water bender as well. We were both equally matched in power so it was just water being thrown back and forth. I threw a water jet straight at her center and she pulled up an ice shield last second. Staying behind the ice shield she sent continuous small shards of ice, before they could come in contact with me I redirected the shards back at her, crumbling her ice shield.

As we were fighting we somehow made our way on top of the hill next to a cliff. Down below were jagged rocks sticking out of the ocean floor. We were both out of breath and tired but neither of us could back down. The fight became hand to hand combat and I was winning. I had her in a submissive hold, I thought I had won but if she was going to lose I guess I had to go with her. She grabbed both of my arms and but us both over the edge of the cliff. I could hear my brother shouting my name while I was falling. I tried to bring the water up to catch me but Anuki kept holding my hands.

We hit the water somehow not getting impaled by one of the jagged rocks. It felt like smacking down on concrete, then everything went black and I could only feel the pain in my body.

-

Azula
I sat in my cell with the stupid jacket that they put on me. It makes it so I can't move my arms, so I'm not as big of a threat. I guess little Zuzu really didn't want me getting out of here. My execution is today, took them long enough, I've been waiting for this day ever since they told me about it. If they're going to get rid of me then get it over with instead of dragging it on to be some big thing.

These are the things I tell myself to mask what I'm truly feeling. The truth to it is I don't want to die, I'd rather start a new life or take back the throne from my imbecile of a brother. But it doesn't matter what I want, all that matters is the facts, I'm going to die today, or so I thought.

When the guards came to escort me to the execution room they unlocked my cell and dragged me into the hallway. Out of nowhere they all fell around me, I didn't know what happened but I took the opportunity and ran for the exit. Before I got to the exit I felt something hit my head, it all went fuzzy and I fell to the ground. I could still here voices before I went completely unconscious.
"We got her, let's taker her majesty back to the base," I heard a female voice say. That's when everything went black and quiet.