009

the gate man rushed into the sitting room

oga!

what's it?

" madam is hear to see you "

"which madam?

the gate man was confuse  " madam ego , oga"

"what's she doing here? he drop the remote , put on his slippers and went outside angrily  .

ego sighted him and ran toward him on her knees she pleaded

"baby pls , I love you a lot pls ! Forgive me , I miss you" she cried

obinna moved away from here

Nkechi was behind her pleading on her behalf

" Nkechi even you!"

i don't know what to do , she's my friend and truly she's sorry for what she has done , she has been crying since, pls forgive her " she knelt done too

" I can't accept you back Ego, I love someone else!"

pls ! Don't do this to me pls , I love you , and I will marry you pls , pls Obinna marry me"

Ego ! Why are you desperate, the love I had for you died the moment  left my house and my life for good , you don't expect me to take you back, that's impossible!"

" You can't do this to me !

well am sorry , am already doing it , go look for someone else, about you Nkechi , I can't believe you will beg me to accept her back , if you were in my shoes  you will actually go and give thanks giving that she's actually out from your life"

let me tell you something that you didn't know , perhaps she didn't tell you, because if she had you wouldnt have been her "

what ? She looked at Chidinma , at least to have a clue but her face was down

" this whore of a girlfriend talkless of a friend was cheating on me with my brother , which was supposed to be her ex , she never told me all this year not until I caught them in the act , as foolishly in love , I chose her over my brother and I forgave her."

nkechi was shocked and embarrassed

" Ego better start looking for someone else because I warned you but your pride won't let you and now am taking insult because of you, he doesn't love you anymore , now you can see that the world doesn't begin and end with you" she hissed and left

Ego wipes her tears and stood up

" Obinna I promise you this , if I can't have you then no one else can" she left angrily  Chidinma was upstairs listening to them , she couldn't take the risk of being recognized , she might have been lucky before but She can't say For now.

She ran downstairs as she saw him walked  inside , she knew that right know he needed a consoling hug , he need someone that will tell him that everything will be fine .

she hugged him and he cried on her shoulders ,

"its ok , you are strong and I love you for that baby"

just because a man cries doesn't mean that he is weak , he had taken more than he can bear , men are strong not because they are physically strong but emotionally strong .

   *****

he drove to the bus stop to go pick him and they both drove back home without saying a word to each other.