2. Always By Your Side || Namkook

TAGS: bts bickering, jungkook being a simp for namjoon, they fight over mint chocolate.

💓

"Joon-ah, I'm telling you mint chocolate is awesome. At least try it once", Hoseok begs, pouting. Namjoon makes a disgusted face as the ice-cream gets a little too near for his liking. "Uhh.. no, thank you, hob-ah. I've brushed my teeth already", he says.

Hoseok rolls his eyes, moving to sit beside Yoongi with a huff. "Hyung, you like it, right?", he asks cutely. Yoongi laughs, nodding. "I like it, hoseokie. Don't bother with Namjoon-ah. He's got no taste", he teases. Namjoon sputters. "Hey!", he exclaims, offended. Hoseok just sticks his tongue out at his leader, feeding a spoonful of the minty delight to Yoongi.

"Okay, then. Let's vote", Namjoon says childishly. Hoseok raises his eyebrow, eyes brightening up with determination. "Fine. Let's see who has taste", he huffs. Yoongi just watches them with an adorable gummy smile on his face. He loves these idiots too much.

"Okay, so I like mint chocolate. That's one. Yoongi hyung likes it. That makes the two of us. Now we just need to call more people and ask them to pick a side", Hoseok announces confidently. Namjoon rolls his eyes and goes to find the other members while Hoseok brings the staffs present nearby.

"Hey, what's goin on here?", Sejin asks as he enters the room they're all in. Namjoon quickly sticks himself to his side. "Manager-nim, do you like mint chocolate?", he asks earnestly. The manager's eyes quickly light up with delight. "Of course. It's my favorite. Why, Namjoon-ah, are you treating us or something?", he asks.

Namjoon almost whines in annoyance while Hoseok laughs loudly at his misery. They ask Songdeuk who expresses his hate for the debatable flavor very clearly. Jimin and Jin do the same while Taehyung starts with saying that he's neutral but falls for Hoseok's puppy eyes and immediately chooses his side.

This continues for a while and surprisingly, both of them have equal number of people on their sides by the time it all ends. "Okay, that's enough. Both of you won. Let's go home now", Seokjin says with a laugh, amused by the whole situation.

Namjoon shakes his head stubbornly. "No, this isn't over yet. We need a tie breaker", he announces. Hoseok nods in agreement. "Yes, we just need one more person to defeat Namjoonie and show him that he's a tasteless fellow", he smiles sweetly.

"In your dreams, Hob-ah. Who else should we call---", Namjoon cuts himself off when a sudden realization hits him. "Hey, where's Jungkookie? We didn't ask him". Hoseok whines. "Jungkookie loves mint-chocolate", he sighs sadly. Namjoon shakes his head. "No, he doesn't", he mutters, though not too confident. "He does", Hoseok whines again.

"Then shouldn't you be happy, Hob-ah?", he cocks a brow. Hoseok pouts. "No. Because Jungkookie adores you. He's your biggest fan boy, Joon-ah. He'd never make you lose. That's so unfair", Hoseok says sadly. Jimin cackles from behind Namjoon. "Can't say he's lying".

Namjoon just stays silent. Jungkook admires him, of course. But surely, he won't take his side regarding something so miniscule, would he? Besides, Namjoon doesn't remember seeing Jungkook eat that disgusting flavor. Or maybe they just never brought it home?

Before he can deny Hoseok's words, Taehyung is already calling Jungkook. The maknae is there in no time. "What is this about?", Jungkook asks when he sees the small crowd of people gathered in the waiting room. "Jungkook-ah, we're here to decide whether mint chocolate is a good flavor or not", Yoongi smiles.

Jungkook frowns. "Pick a side, Kookie!", Jimin says excitedly. Jungkook opens his mouth to cast his vote when Jin speaks up. "Namjoon hates it. And he just needs one more person to agree with him in order to win", he says with a smirk. Hoseok shouts, "That's not fair!".

Jungkook's mouth opens and closes a several times like a face before he sticks himself to Namjoon's arm, resting his head on his shoulder and grinning cutely. "I hate mint chocolate, too, Rapmon-hyung", he says easily. Namjoon forgets all about what Hoseok had said before and hugs Jungkook tight before whooping loudly.

"See, I have taste", he says smugly. "No, you have Jungkook. He's lying!", Hoseok sulks, wrapping himself around Yoongi as everyone leaves the room, leaving the seven of them together. "What are you saying, hyung? I hate it. That toothpaste flavor shouldn't exist at all. Don't question my Rapmon-hyung", he says a little too seriously for anyone to question him.

Namjoon grins proudly, ruffling the maknae's hair fondly. "That's right. You're so smart Jungkook-ah". Jungkook beams under the praise, still sticking to Namjoon. Hoseok just sulks on Yoongi's lap while everyone else just basks in the amusement of the situation.

💓

"Jungkook-ah, which flavor do you want? Chocolate or---", Jimin gets interrupted by Jungkook.

"Hyung, do you have mint chocolate?", he asks, eyes widening as he realizes Namjoon is right beside him, watching him with shocked eyes.

Jungkook freezes on spot, cursing under his breath when Jimin hands him the ice-cream tub with a smug look on his face. He peeks at Namjoon through his lashes before giving him a unsure but sweet, nervous little smile.

"Oops?"

💓

Requested by ArtemisStorms.

This was so sweet. I loved writing it. Btw, you can consider this platonic or romantic. It's up to you since it wasn't clear in the request. I personally wrote it in a platonic sense.