[3]

"A, B, C, D, E, F, G... H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P... Q, R, S... T, U, V... W, X, Y and Z... Now we know the A, B, C. Next time won't you sing with me....."

Oh diba nakikanta ka rin?

I was smiling while looking at the kids singing along the alphabet song. May iba'ng bulol at hindi maibigkas ng maayos ang mga letra at nakiki-lipsync lang sa classmates nila. May iba naman na walang pakialam at nakatingin lang sa teacher habang nakanganga.

When they were done shipping and teasing me about Caleb, Danae and Nhor suggested for me to try their internships. That's why here I am now, at Danae's workplace, trying to fit myself.

Dalawang araw na magmula ng magsimula ako. To be honest, it was really fun to bond with the kids. Ang cute nila kahit gaano pa sila ka ingay at kakulit. They were like sugar-loaded puppies because they were all so energetic and lively.

I'm just Danae's assistant even if she's also an assistant. My job is to be the assistant of the assistant. The main teacher is the one who teaches the kids. Danae helps her by keeping the kids intact and focused, well if possible. Ako naman ang naka-assign para sa recess nila, although that was also part of Danae's job.

Parang ang labas ay hindi talaga dapat ako nandito. But I have no choice. I need an internship badly.

Nhor also offered me to intern with him. Pero kahapon ay nalaman niya'ng puno na ang slots nila. He promised to call me, though, if there is an available position.

So the only choice left for me is being the assistant's assistant.

Sad to say, I really want an internship related to music. No matter how cute these kids are, I still feel empty. I want to do I what I love to do.

But I'm scared to take risks.

"You okay?" Tanong kaagad ni Danae pagkalapit sa akin. The kids were having recess right now. Alas nuwebe na rin kasi.

I smiled at her. "Oo naman."

"I know you're not but I'll pretend I bit that excuse," she sighed.

I chuckled. "Danae, I'm fine! I love being with these kids. It's just that..."

I saw how sadness crossed her eyes. O baka naman awa. Ayaw kong kaawaan. Marami'ng tao ang nakararanas ng mas mahirap pa sa nararanasan ko.

"Gusto ko lang talaga na nasa field ako ng music. Kaya nga Fine Arts ang kurso ko diba?" I smiled at her.

She was silent for the whole break. When the morning set of preschoolers were done, nagprepare naman kami para sa afternoon set.

Hinahati kasi nila dahil madami ang mga estudyante, hindi kaya ng teacher na pagsamahin sila dahil baka magiba ang school sa sobrang kakulitan at kaingayan ng mga bata.