Chapter 68: Bro, Web Loan?

Labyrinth Villa.

180 years ago, this residence became the key that determined the fate of the Theocracy. Over ten thousand soldiers had fought a bitter battle in this place, using the swords in their hands to shape the future of the country. That was a bloody period of time that revealed both the evil and goodness of humanity, treacherous betrayals and steadfast loyalty, the clash in ideals and wills, and the feud within the royal family over the crown.

The splitting headache that Roel experienced when the labyrinth artifact activated was so excruciating that even the accident that brought about his death in his previous life couldn't compare with it. He felt like his brain was being sizzled on top of a barbecue rack, and his blood and nerves were being stung every single instant. The pain traveled through his veins into his eyes, making him feel as if someone was pumping mercury into his eye sockets.

He wanted to scream, but no voice would come out of him. Everything in his line of sight had started to distort. Even when he tried closing his eyes, everything remained blood-red. It felt like something had grabbed hold of his eyes, forcefully keeping them open. Ancient scriptures, stone tablets, broken swords, and all sorts of bizarre items swiftly flashed across his eyes before he finally arrived at the origin of it all.

It was a single candle lit amidst the darkness. As the candlelight flickered, he could see indistinguishable silhouettes creeping nearer. However, Roel was too dazed to pay heed to it. Vaguely, he heard the jingling of bells in his ears.

"The kingmaker..." sounded a hoarse voice.

Roel couldn't tell where the voice had come from, but in the next moment, everything dissipated into emptiness. Darkness descended upon him once more as he lost consciousness.

---

The pulsation of bloodline—this was currently what Nora was feeling. Her last memory before she was knocked out was a massive burst of light as the Labyrinth Villa broke through the studio. It was only when the searing pain in her bloodline jolted her awake that she finally opened her eyes once more. She found herself lying in a foreign environment, and lying next to her was a black-haired boy.

"Roel, what wrong? Roel! Roel!!!"

"Argh, my head... It hurts... Nora?"

"Yes, it's me. Are you fine?"

"... Can't say so."

Roel forced himself to answer Nora's question. His head was still aching terribly, and the pain only further intensified for his eyes. It was so unbearable that Roel's body curled up as he gritted his teeth and clenched his fists tightly.

However, his response seemed to have put Nora in a spot.

"Roel, I know you aren't in good shape right now, but there's something really wrong here..."

Nora's voice sounded a little flustered. Roel, who was in such great pain that he wanted to start rolling around, forced himself to open his searing eyes and focus his attention on his surroundings. An incomprehensible sight awaited him.

How could this be? Why would there be sunlight here?

He was so shocked that he even forgot about his pain for a moment.

It had been less than half an hour between Peter Kater's sudden arrival and the activation of the labyrinth. Even if he had fainted along the way, surely it shouldn't have already been daylight by the time he woke once more?

The confusion made Roel's senses grow dull. He tried his best to assess his surroundings, and he soon realized that the sunlight was actually the least of his worries...