ᴇɴᴛᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴀᴛᴏꜱᴘʜᴇʀᴇ

Light streamed through the gaps of the curtains...

filtering in and picking up the stray particles of dust

filtering in and picking up the stray particles of dust. Arashi felt the warm heat of the morning and groaned. Her back ached, and she felt an odd weight on her chest. She turned slightly then, the unknown weight falling to the ground with a thud.

She had fallen asleep again on the couch, studying. Arashi sat up and stretched, her bones popping in relief after being subjected to a long night of discomfort. She had finals today, then the entrance exam for U.A highschool. She rolled off the couch, picking up the statistics book from the floor and setting it on the small table.

Arashi was ready within the hour, slipping on her uniform's jacket just as she walked out of her apartment. She wasn't far from Mustafa Middle, so leaving 30 minutes early wasn't technically necessary. But Arashi liked the chill of the morning air, and leaving this early ensured Arashi that she would walk by the park just as the sun starts to light the sky. It's vibrant oranges and pinks let her relax, sometimes, when no ones looking, Arashi would sculpt images into the clouds, manipulating them into something of her own design under her palm.

It gave her the solace and drive to start the day, Arashi owed a lot to the sky above.

The bells toll in the distance, scattering some birds from the tree she sat under to watch the clouds move on their own. Arashi stands, wiping whatever dirt had accumulated on the hem of her skirt, and continued her walk towards school.

Mustafa Middle wasn't necessarily a place of solace for Arashi, most days she found herself dreading to return to it. This wasn't to say she was a delinquent, or that she didn't participate in school activity, that was the complete opposite. Her academics were high, and her test scores put her in line for recommendations to U.A. (Which she refused to go and submit, Arashi wanted to earn her spot in U.A by doing the tests just like everyone else) Arashi also competed in the schools softball team, and she had brought the school many medals during her stay as the team's main pitcher. Arashi was always punctual and kind to her peers, students and teachers alike, but...

Arashi preferred to be alone. She was afraid of friendships, getting close to anyone.

The school only fed into it more, with how the students would leave her to her own devices. Even Mina Ashido, a student who made it her mission to befriend everyone on campus, has let Arashi alone after the many failed attempts to get more than silence out of the taller girl.

The only time Arashi really ever talked was if it was required of her in a class, or during her games.

Playing softball was an emotional outlet for Arashi, it let her be able to express herself physically as well as emotionally. It was the only thing that mattered in her life for a long time.

She remembers her final game fondly, where she felt normal and at peace for once in her life. Her teammates were her family, after three long years of them prodding her to get out of her shell. She remembers her final time on the plate, they just had to bring the third base runner in to settle the tie, Arashi was positive that she couldn't handle another round of pitching for Soumei Middle.