ꜱᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ ʙʟᴏᴡꜱ

When Arashi was little...

She would venture out into the woods behind her home with Oboro, playing and chasing one another by the streams

She would venture out into the woods behind her home with Oboro, playing and chasing one another by the streams. She remembers every little cut or bruise she ever got during that time. They've imprinted on her very soul, she couldn't be rid of them even if she tried.

Her wounds were mostly caused by their childish recklessness, but there was one instance Arashi remembers specifically that wasn't wholly her fault, nor was it due to her naivety.

Wild dogs or other such canines weren't a rarity where she lived, in fact they were as common as the sparrows in the morning, brushing through the rustling leaves, so she had dealt with them before. And as unpredictable as wild animals may be, Arashi considered herself lucky enough to understand them to a point, enough to not be an idiot around them that is.

Seeing past someone's viciousness is to understand them on a level personal to your own. To see eye to eye, so to speak. Arashi understood the unhinged nature many wild dogs and Tanuki, they were pushed from their natural habitat, forced to hunt for their food elsewhere, if it were Arashi, she'd jump at just about anything too.

Maybe that was why she knew it wise to divert from her path in the forest when she saw a sickly looking Tanuki cross her path, darting in and out from the bushes.

Arashi has not developed her quirk just yet, she was a late bloomer in regards to her brother, but on time as it was for most of society. So she didn't have much when it came to self defense besides her strong vocal cords.

What comes over her when she hears a shout and a snarled growl, Arashi doesn't know, honestly will never know. Maybe it was her desire to be like her brother, like her father, saving people. Maybe it was her fight or flight instincts kicking in. Or maybe it was that desire to help others, burning deep within her soul even at such a young age.

Either way, she dashes towards the sound, finding a middle aged woman, kicking a Tanuki off of her. He growled and snapped at her, foaming at the mouth in a way that made Arashi's stomach churn. But still she ran forwards, screaming and waving her arms around her to appear bigger and scarier than she actually was. She comes to a stop in front of the woman, still shouting at the top of her lungs. The tanuki snarls, and lashes out at Arashi, she feels the claws dig into her arm, deep enough to draw blood. She just pushes the thing away without a blink, waving her arms more desperately now.

Arashi watches as it curls in on itself, growling and backing away ever so slowly as Arashi inches closer.

The tanuki thrashes in it's invisible bonds, caged between Arashi and the bushes behind it. It's a sight that would never leave Arashi, it stops, teeth bared as it looks up to Arashi with glassy beady black eyes.

It seemed to stare into her very soul that day, understanding her more than she ever would herself. It jumped up at her when the lady went to move, and Arashi just jumped back, thrusting her hands out in front of her to protect herself from whatever attack the beast would have on her.

But it never came.

Arashi heard the rustling of the bushes before she looked up to see the Tanuki gone, a slight indent where the animal seemed to just, fly back through. Arashi would have thought it just jumped back, but she had felt a tug at her fingertips, a shock going through her veins like she had just rubbed her socks on the carpet and touched the doorknob to her house.

She can see how the leaves picked up around her, the breeze lingering on her skin. Arashi's young eyes widen, and she thrusts her hands out in front of her once more, in the same fashion as before.

She watches as the leaves pick up once more, funnling to a point in the bushes, before gently falling back down to the forest floor a ways in front of her.

Arashi just did that...with her hands, she just created a gust of wind.

Arashi looks back at the lady, a dopey grin on her face. She raises her arm up, ignoring how it burnt when she moved it, and gave her a thumbs up.