Prologue

A computer screen was the only thing lighting up the dark room, a beautiful face can be seen in the dim lighting, scrunching up in anger as its owner furiously types on her keyboard. "Motherfuc-, how dare they!? How does this even make sense, where is the king? How could he just casually let the crown prince run rampant and destroy his own supporters?!" The pretty tan woman mutters a few more swear words, until a gentle pat on the shoulder reminds her that she's not actually alone.

"Fu- you asshole! Couldn't you have declared your presence at some point?!"

"Maya darling, even if I had reminded you I'm here you wouldn't have noticed." The young woman steps closer, and her long red hair drapes over Maya's shoulder.

"Cut your hair Francia."

"Why?"

"It tickles."

Francia shakes her head and turns on the light to finally illuminate the small space. "Do you have to act like a freak in the dark, no wonder you look like this."

"Look like what huh?!" Maya snapped back angrily, covering her eyes that hurt from the sudden increase in light.

Francia rolled her eyes and gestured to the computer, "Are you still angry about the shitty romance novel?"

Maya rubbed her eyes and glared at Francia. As she tied up her long white hair, she narrowed her pale grey eyes, "That shitty romance novel is the reason why I'm here in the first place! Bastard author made me a brainless maggot running after that asshole prince."

Maya yelped in pain as the band snapped over her fingers. "Maybe I should cut my hair, I've lost 18 hair-ties in the past week."

Francia reached over and started to gently braid the other woman's hair, "you know I've heard of people transmigrating into books, but not out of them into the real world." Francia paused as she grabbed a shitty hello kitty bobble to tie Maya's braid, "Do you want to go back and beat them up?"

Maya closed her eyes and took a deep breath, enjoying the sensation of Francia's hands running through her hair, "No. The fucker exists here too apparently."

Francia finishes off the braid and gently tipped Maya's chin back so her face was facing her own, "really?"

Maya chuckled at Francia's antics, her large amber eyes full of playful laughter, as well as slight resentment for having her head pulled back, "And guess what."

"What?"

Maya turned her body towards Francia , her  eyes now cold, "He remembers everything."