chapter 2

The tense air in the room drastically turned the atmosphere gloomy, darkening the entire room. Thirty minutes have passed in the embarrassed man's class. His head folded against his arms, Satori was paying little attention to the professor's words that were coming out of his mouth. The red head's eyes were worn out, as he could scarcely keep them open. However, an unexpected hairy hand met the table's wooden texture next to his straight hair.

"Satori!"

Tendou flinched, looking up to see the tutor's miffed look on his face. There was something hidden behind his visage of discouragement. This man definitely wanted to mock Tendou. The boy's extensive eyes were fixated at the older man with such intensity that he forgot to respond. Frozen by fear, Tendou formed his words at an exceedingly sedated pace moving his lips with barely any strength.

" I... hi."

On the other hand, the class professor spat out his words at a rather fast pace interrupting the poor university student by nearly insulting him in front of the class. Tendou bobbed his head and began to redden as he felt uneasy and was reluctant to raise his head to confront the professor and his seemingly unfair action. Why would someone recognized as a professional sound so cruel and very... unprofessional?

"Men like you won't be able to survive."

Those words echoed in Satori's head. Confused, he stood up and slightly rotated his feet facing the exit door. As he grabbed his books, Tendou placed one foot in front of the other before repeating the same motion until he reached the threshold. The saddened boy quietly exited the class in the direction of the library. Once his body left the room, the student placed the book he held close to his chest, hiding his beating, hurting heart. As he clenched his fists out of anger and sorrow, Tendou tried to avoid the tears that were fighting to be free and ready to roll down his face. The sound of thunder and lightning could be heard rumbling outside, but the young, damaged man could care less. The library was less than ten meters away, and when Satori arrived, he pushed the door that was already semi-open. No one was inside but the librarian. A soft and weary sigh escaped his throat before he started walking towards the first table available. He slowly leaned back on the black wooden chair with a faded smile formed out of relief as he sat down.

"Ah, I am alone... finally."

Five hours passed, and Tendou was peacefully resting his head on the table instead of studying. He was in a deep sleep until a random, unknown student tapped his shoulder. He lazily opened his eyes as he slowly raised his head. Saliva stuck between his arm and lower lip. He had very dark circles under his drowsy eyes. Thus he couldn't open one of them. The sleepy student forced a weak smile showing his teeth, causing the other one to grimace. Despite the unfriendly student's reaction, Tendou chuckled as he disregarded him. He stood up, which caused the chair to be pushed and make a squeaky sound. The spiteful man, who had the guts to give Tendou a vicious look, rapidly covered his ears because of the obnoxious screeching sound.
Tendou turned around, left his books without caring, and turned his head to observe the man's unpleasant expression taking advantage of the amusing moment. He smirked as he kept walking.

[Listen to: Then the quiet explosion" by Hammock]

It was now 7 P.M. The red-haired man walked home under the light rainy night. He splashed water on the pavement by walking right into the puddles. Tendou enjoyed doing so since he was a little boy. The day went by exceptionally fast for him, which wasn't bad at all. He grew to despise long and unnecessary days that tend to occur in his life. The rain gently falling on the ground gave a sparkled and shiny appearance to the pavement's grey color that usually seemed boring on a normal, sunny day. Looking down, Tendou took action by lifting his head back up to see where he was strolling. Red LED lights lit the city, but the rest was drowned out in the pitch-black night. Surrounded by faint raindrops, Tendou drew a breath of fresh air as he heard silent footsteps approaching. As soon as he turned around to see where the strange taping was coming from, he saw a tall silhouette. This unknown shadow seemed strong, rough, heavy, and dangerous looking. Nothing was actually scaring him, so he decided to stay where he was and intensely stared at the dark figure until the bright red lights revealed a buff, serious man. His hair appeared to be greenish in color, as well as his eyes. He seemed to be wearing a tight form fitted grey shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. The water falling from the sky made his shirt wet, and his muscles and his skin could be seen through it. Tendou presumed that the brawny man was freezing, but he just glared at him for five full seconds before placing a word.

" Is everything alright, sir? Do you need help? You seem to be quite soaked."

The taller man didn't answer. A long pause occurred before Satori turned around and began to walk away. However, as he began to move his legs, the odd, muscular man followed his movements. One of Tendou's eyebrows frowned as the opposite lower eyelid twitched. A grin can be seen on his drained looking face. He violently turned back around.

" I said, do you need any help? Why are you following me like that? It's creepy."

Tendou immediately regretted those words thinking the intimidating man would tell him not to call him creepy since he, himself, is creepy looking. But, by his surprise, that man finally spoke with a deep, smooth voice.

"My name is Ushijima Wakatoshi."

Tendou's eyes widened. He was astonished to the point he couldn't answer back, nor greet him. It was weird seeing someone having a normal conversation with him, considering he was judged by most of the other people he had met. They reject him because of his thunderous behavior, so it's heartwarming to meet someone different. Ushijima already sounds different from others, and Tendou had met him only a few minutes ago. This was the start of a better life for the dejected young adult. Finally, he would have a real friend. Placing a light smile on his face, Satori eventually answered.

"My name is Tendou Satori. Nice to meet you."

"I see. It is nice weather tonight. Would you like to go for a walk? I'm a bit lonely."

Now, if this was not the sketchiest thing that has ever happened to Tendou, then it is quite up there. Japan has the lowest crime rate, and Tendou could defend himself incase Wakatoshi was a menacing gang member. Not to mention he looked way too innocent to know how to injure a depressed soul like Tendou's. The confused boy's blood vessels opened wide, flooding the skin with blood causing Tendou to blush slightly. He was more than content to be invited on an evening adventure. Without showing his joyful expression much, he smiled to the athletic man before accepting his offer, with pleasure.

*And here it begins, my happier life... by meeting him under the LED lights.*