chapter 15

[Listen to: Window - The Album Leaf]

"Psst, hey. Satori... Saaaatoooriii... It's time. You must join us."

"Huh? who is talking..?"

The sleeping boy opened his eyes. He saw Ushijima sitting next to him. Another odd dream, again. A frail smirk took shape on his tired face. His appearance seemed weaker than before as he looked pale. The young adult wondered if the festival was near. Wakatoshi replied with a nod. They were already there, on a hill, waiting for the event to commence. The latter took Tendou's hand and confessed.

"Satori, you have a beautiful soul. I want to be with you forever."

He kissed the palm of his lover's hand and got up on his feet. Tendou followed his movements, but he felt dizzy. He stumbled a bit, landing in Ushijima's muscular arms. Tendou, however, started crying, not being capable of finding any words to describe his pain. His friend began sobbing as well. They were two lovers, shedding tears together.

"L-let's ha... Waka..toshi. Let's ha-ave fuunnn..."

"Shh... we will..."

"S-stay fore-ever with me..."

Ushijima couldn't bear to hear Tendou suffering, as he kissed him deeply. Shifting his fingers through his hair, letting tears roll down his face. Unexpected love. This was the best thing that ever happened to Satori.

Love. What is love? Love is complex. A mix of emotions, behaviors, and beliefs associated with intense feelings of affection, protectiveness, warmth, and respect for another individual. Something Tendou never experienced until he met Ushijima. They both pulled away from their kiss as they headed down the hill. The pair had an idea, a way to have a lot of fun and live their lives to the fullest. Once they made it to the festival, the couple sprinted towards the lanterns. The deep dark sky evoked an atmospheric ambiance as the stars were almost invisible due to the lights floating around in the air. Ushijima and Tendou ran from food stand to food stand, ordering various items such as ice cream, hot beverages, grilled fish on sticks, and dangos. They appeared to be enjoying their time together, laughing, playing tag, hugging, and making out with each other. This was Tendou's dream since forever. But something was bothering him... He knew what this feeling was. Like he already met Wakatoshi and the others years ago. That this happiness lived in him long before this week, ah, that feeling, some believed he could not obtain. For some people, happiness consisted of realizing a strange dream. Why can't we all be happy? Well, If you look for perfection, you'll never be content. Life is far from being perfect. You can't wish for the ideal situation as it will have ups and downs. And that is entirely normal. Tendou believed in hell on earth and was convinced heaven would be after death.

Resting on the grass, Ushijima had his eyes closed and hands behind his nape. Tendou looked at him.

"Why can't we all be happy, Wakatoshi~Kun?"

"The notion that a human being should be constantly happy is a uniquely destructive idea."

Ushijima believed that being sad and mad was part of a healthy balance of emotions.

"Thanks to you, though, I am happy. I feel free. I don't want to escape reality anymore."

"Just what did you mean by that anyway?"

A cold breeze flew through the air blowing on the lovers, causing the conversation to die. As the pair went towards the mini red bridge surrounded by cherry blossoms, Satori laid his head down Wakatoshi's shoulder. The latter mentioned he wanted to try the rollercoaster. It was located in front of the flowery river they were standing above. Satori ran towards the ride, pulling on his lover's hand. Once on the wagons, they fastened their seatbelts and raised their arms. Tendou was the most excited one.